Engineering | Addison, TX | Full Time
About Bottle Rocket:
Bottle Rocket is dedicated to creating handcrafted iPhone, iPad and Android apps for the world's most discriminating brands. We believe exceptionally innovative technology not only enhances the way we do things - it redefines the way we live our lives. We are a remarkable team of dreamers, thinkers, makers and doers with unparalleled experience and a relentless passion for pushing the limits of mobile.
About Working for Bottle Rocket:
We are a rapidly growing mobile development company at the forefront of the app revolution. We have developed and released over 90 high profile, award-winning apps for companies like NPR, Discovery Channel, Disney, BET, American Express, AARP, Bravo, ESPN, SPIN Magazine, History Channel, as well extremely popular games such as Doodle Bomb and Annoying Orange Kitchen Carnage. Our apps often top the charts and win much-coveted industry awards like the People’s Voice Award at The Webbys, SPD Awards’ Tablet App of the Year and Variety’s Entertainment App Developer of the Year. We recently had our fourth app inducted into the Apple Hall of Fame, more than any other app developer. Bottle Rocket was also named one of The Dallas Morning News’ Top Places to Work in 2012.
Of course, such high visibility and growth comes with its own challenges. Our services are in such high demand that we need the most talented individuals, such as yourself, to continue to grow our brand, our organization, and our skill set. We can offer you as much challenge as you can handle! We have been wildly successful because we work hard for our clients, our end users, and for each other. We have staffed our teams with "A" players that do not accept anything less than the best from themselves and each other. This allows us to continually improve our work, our processes, and our vision.
About This Position:
The Software Architect will be responsible for Architecting and Designing new Mobile apps for iOS and Android.
If you are interested in more than just a 9–to–5 job, are excited by working with a team of committed individuals, and want to make a difference in a young organization, then this is the place for you! This position is not about years of experience, industry background, or academics. It is about building great products, building great teams, and being excited about going to work every day!
We offer competitive salaries and have a full range of benefits including medical, dental and vision. We are a successful business and one of the most experienced app developers in the market. Come join us!
- Architect and Design new Mobile apps for iOS and Android
- Lead and mentor development teams
- Manage your own time
- Manage your own part of projects
- Act as technical liaison for projects
- Support sales team in technical discussions
- Minimum 10 years experience in commercial software development
- Experience with a minimum of 3 programming languages including one memory-managed language (e.g., Objective-C, C, C++, Pascal, etc.)
- Must be able to demonstrate technical skills in programming language of choice
- Minimum 5 years experience as a technical team lead
- Minimum 2 years experience as a software architect
- Strong OOP and OOD skills
- Strong Architectural and Design skills
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills
- Work on-site (Dallas, Texas)
- Experience developing iPhone/iPad apps for a company or on your own
- Have apps posted to App Store
- Long-time Mac user
- Experience with asynchronous networking