Senior Project Manager
Project Management | Addison, TX | Full Time
ABOUT Bottle Rocket:
Bottle Rocket has been a thought leader at the intersection of transformative technology and business innovation since our inception in 2008. Headquartered in Dallas, we design and develop experiences for the Connected Customer that produce undeniable value for many of the world’s most distinguished brands. Our more than 450 award-winning experiences have set new standards in connecting people to what they want and are transforming how our clients compete and win in the marketplace. Bottle Rocket is a strategic partner within the world-wide WPP integrated communications network.
ABOUT working for Bottle Rocket:
Bottle Rocket is a rapidly growing specialist at the forefront of connected device revolution. Our team is comprised of mature, self-motivated professionals who bring passion to their craft. We do what it takes to get the job done, but never stop trying to improve ourselves and our services. By day, we sweat the details and build awesome mobile and digital experiences – and our passion doesn’t end there. After hours, we’re those people standing in line for the latest technologies and attending industry meet ups searching for more knowledge. Bottle Rocket not only exceeds standards – we set new ones (and have fun while doing it).
We take pride in our employees and their future. We have repeatedly been named to the Dallas Business Journal's Best Places to Work, The Dallas Morning News Top 100 Places to Work, and the Inc. 500. Our work has won an unprecedented number of Apple Hall of Fame awards, among many other industry recognitions. We have also been featured in Forbes as one of America’s Most Promising Companies. And our Founder and CEO was named Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year for our region.
It’s our duty to stay at the forefront of what’s next, and in our world, that means continuous innovation. It’s more than just a buzz word. It’s our day to day and the heartbeat of our Rocketeers. We believe innovation is the result of curiosity and the desire to make a difference. Innovation is a strategic imperative we use to deliver relevant offerings to help our clients stay ahead of the competition. Innovation that rapidly turns into execution is our strength.
With tens of millions of users interacting with our work every day, Bottle Rocket’s future promises continued growth in all areas of our business. If you are passionate about what you do and having fun while doing it, Bottle Rocket may be the place for you.
To learn more, visit us at bottlerocketstudios.com.
About This Position:
*PLEASE NOTE, THERE ARE MULTIPLE LEVELS OF PROJECT MANAGEMENT AVAILABLE. LEVEL WILL BE SPECIFIED AFTER SPEAKING WITH ONE OF OUR RECRUITERS OR HR REPRESENTATIVES.
As a Project Manager, you will be expected to thrive in an extremely fast-paced environment with constantly changing priorities. You will need to balance client needs and requests alongside resource management, milestones and schedules, scope of work, tasking, keeping the team up-to-date and prioritizing while ensuring the client understands each step in the project process. This position requires an extremely organized, efficient and effective individual.
If you are interested in more than just a 9-to-5 job, are excited by working on a team of committed individuals, and want to make a difference in a young organization, then this is the place for you! This position is not about years of experience, industry background, or academics. It is about building great products, building great teams, and being excited about going to work every day!
We offer competitive salaries and have a full range of benefits including medical, dental and vision. We are a successful business and one of the most experienced app developers in the market. Come join us!
- Manage teams across multiple platforms of development including Android, iOS and web/server dependencies
- Develop and demonstrate an understanding of the clients’ business, their needs, expectations and requirements
- Facilitate definition of project goals, maintain the timeline, tasks and resource requirements
- Hub of communication for project team (strategist, creative, development, QA, etc.)
- Iteration tracking
- Resource management and focus allocation
- Project tool management (issue entering, prioritization, tracking/assignment)
- Documentation (project deliverables and client documentation)
- Scope management and change order creation and approvals
- Manage client communication and sign-offs
- Ensure client satisfaction
- Track budget, objectives and billing milestones
- Road-map the scope of a project when necessary
- Provide insulation from client when needed
- Management of independent contractors and vendors when applicable on a project
- Bachelors degree in a technical, business, management discipline or related field and/or equivalent work experience
- Thorough understanding of project management phases, techniques and tools
- Minimum 3-5 years project management experience
- Minimum 2 years experience with a web development firm or interactive/digital agency
- Minimum 2 years experience with external client services
- Familiarity with JIRA, @task, or similar PM system
- MUST own an iPhone, Android or iPad (for at least one year)
- Mac user is a plus