Senior iOS Software Engineer
Engineering | Addison, TX | Full Time
ABOUT Bottle Rocket:
Bottle Rocket is an award-winning Dallas-based mobile strategy, design, and development company leading top brands like NBCUniversal, Coca-Cola, Starwood Hotels & Resorts, PetSmart, and Mary Kay through mobile innovation. Since 2008, we have developed over 180 (and counting) iPhone, iPad, and Android applications, as well as building experiences for streaming devices, wearables, VR headsets, and connected TV. To us, mobile and innovative technology is more than enhancements in our daily lives. They are game-changing platforms uniting information, entertainment, and enterprise solutions.
As a part of WPP, the world’s largest advertising and marketing services company made up of 150 different companies around the world including companies like Ogilvy & Mather, Young & Rubicam, JWT, Grey, Wunderman, and AKQA, we have the horsepower to expand not only in the industry, but across the world.
ABOUT working for Bottle Rocket:
Bottle Rocket is a rapidly growing mobile development company at the forefront of app revolution. Our team is comprised of mature, self-motivated professionals who bring passion to their craft. We do what it takes to get the job done, but never stop trying to improve ourselves and our services. By day, we sweat the details and build awesome mobile experiences – and our passion doesn’t end there. After hours, we’re those people standing in line for the latest games and technology. Bottle Rocket does not only exceed standards – we set news ones (and have fun while doing it).
We take pride in our employees and their future. We have repeatedly been named the Dallas Business Journal's Best Places to Work, The Dallas Morning News Top 100 Places to Work, and the Inc. 500. Our work has won an unprecedented number of Apple Hall of Fame awards.
We have even been featured on Forbes America’s Most Promising Companies List. And our Founder and CEO was named Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year for our region.
Bottle Rocket will never stop pushing the limits of mobile design, information architecture, and capabilities of the platforms we embrace. We love embracing the impossible in game development, TV Everywhere, enterprise, commerce, publishing, and more. With tens of millions of users interacting with our work every day, Bottle Rocket’s future promises continued growth of both our capacity and capabilities in all areas of our business. We focus on tough problems, improving our work, and creating project plans to release the next award-winning app. If you are passionate about what you do and having fun while doing it, Bottle Rocket may be the place for you.
For more information about our craft, visit bottlerocketstudios.com.
ABOUT this position: Sr. iOS Software Engineer
*PLEASE NOTE, THERE ARE MULTIPLE LEVELS AVAILABLE. LEVEL WILL BE SPECIFIED AFTER SPEAKING WITH ONE OF OUR RECRUITERS OR HR REPRESENTATIVES.
As part of our growth plan, it's essential that every developer we bring on board clearly understands the challenges involved and the expectations placed upon them. Some of these include:
- Develop cutting edge iOS projects writing high quality code
- Have a solid professional development background with an understanding of Software Architecture and Design
- Work independently with minimal guidance and supervision on highly complex, technically advanced iOS projects
- Provide technical guidance, leadership, and oversight on assigned projects
- Help grow the technical knowledge and skills of other iOS developers
- Flexibility to operate in a fast-growing, entrepreneurial environment
- Work hard and have a lot of fun at the same time
- Be awesome, grow amazingly, have some fun!
If you are interested in more than just a 9-to-5 job, are excited by working on a team of committed individuals, and want to make a difference in a young organization, then this is the place for you!This position is not about years of experience, industry background, or academics. It is about building great products, building great teams, and being excited about going to work every day!
We offer competitive salaries and have a full range of benefits including medical, dental and vision. We are a successful business and one of the most experienced app developers in the market.
- Develop new iPhone/iPad apps
- Lead iOS development team
- Manage your own time
- Manage your own part of projects
- Architect solutions
- Minimum 2 year's experience developing iPhone/iPad apps for a company or have an app you can show us
- 5+ years overall software development experience
- Expert knowledge of Objective-C and Cocoa Touch
- Minimum 1 year's experience as a technical team lead or software architect
- Strong OOP skills
- Must be able to demonstrate existing iPhone/iPad app experience
- Work on-site (Dallas, Texas)
- Have apps posted to App Store
- Long-time Mac user
- Experience with asynchronous networking
*Only direct to client applicants should apply. No 3rd party agencies.