Quality Assurance | Manual (Temp)
Quality Assurance | Addison, TX | Temporary
ABOUT Bottle Rocket:
Bottle Rocket has been a thought leader at the intersection of transformative technology and business innovation since our inception in 2008. Headquartered in Dallas, we design and develop experiences for the Connected Customer that produce undeniable value for many of the world’s most distinguished brands. Our more than 450 award-winning experiences have set new standards in connecting people to what they want and are transforming how our clients compete and win in the marketplace. Bottle Rocket is a strategic partner within the world-wide WPP integrated communications network.
ABOUT working for Bottle Rocket:
Bottle Rocket is a rapidly growing mobile development company at the forefront of app revolution. Our team is comprised of mature, self-motivated professionals who bring passion to their craft. We do what it takes to get the job done, but never stop trying to improve ourselves and our services. By day, we sweat the details and build awesome mobile experiences – and our passion doesn’t end there. After hours, we’re those people standing in line for the latest games and technology. Bottle Rocket does not only exceed standards – we set news ones (and have fun while doing it).
We take pride in our employees and their future. We have repeatedly been named the Dallas Business Journal's Best Places to Work, The Dallas Morning News Top 100 Places to Work, and the Inc. 500. Our work has won an unprecedented number of Apple Hall of Fame awards.
We have even been featured on Forbes America’s Most Promising Companies List. And our Founder and CEO was named Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year for our region.
Bottle Rocket will never stop pushing the limits of mobile design, information architecture, and capabilities of the platforms we embrace. We love embracing the impossible in game development, TV Everywhere, enterprise, commerce, publishing, and more. With tens of millions of users interacting with our work every day, Bottle Rocket’s future promises continued growth of both our capacity and capabilities in all areas of our business. We focus on tough problems, improving our work, and creating project plans to release the next award-winning app. If you are passionate about what you do and having fun while doing it, Bottle Rocket may be the place for you.
For more information about our craft, visit bottlerocketstudios.com.
ABOUT this position:
As a QA or Software Tester you will be expected to thrive in an extremely fast-paced environment with constantly changing priorities. You will work on several projects at the same time, ensuring that the applications we ship are of the highest quality. This is an important, demanding and highly visible role. You will be working very closely with the developers and the project managers on any issues that might arise. This position requires an extremely organized, efficient and effective individual who feels a real sense of ownership of each project.
If you are interested in more than just a 9–to–5 job, are excited by working with a team of committed individuals, and want to make a difference in a young organization, then this is the place for you! This position is not about years of experience, industry background, or academics. It is about building great products, building great teams, and being excited about going to work every day!
We offer competitive salaries and have a full range of benefits including medical, dental and vision. We are a successful business and one of the most experienced app developers in the market. Come join us!
- Evaluate and test apps to verify that the app functions according to functional specifications, user requirements and development guidelines.
- Work closely with project managers to handle multiple maintenance projects simultaneously.
- Write, revise and verify quality standards and comprehensive test procedures for software evaluation.
- Design written protocols for both initial and regression testing of specific apps.
- Test existing iOS and Android apps
- Test new iOS and Android apps
- Manage your own time
- Contribute to the evolution of the Software Development Process
- Accurately track and report software errors and failures created during testing, with detailed descriptions of the inputs and conditions necessary to reproduce the error
- Apply your knowledge and principles of software theory, testing methodology and procedures
- Provide status on ongoing projects
- Minimum 3-5 years experience testing complex systems
- Experience with SDLC
- Must have experience with bug tracking software such as RedMine, Jira, Bugzilla or equivalent
- Must be a Mac user
- Must own an iPhone, iPad or Android smartphone (and have owned it at least a year)
- Minimum knowledge of Automation tools in a mobile environment
- Long-time Mac user
- Experience with Jenkins build server
- Experience testing iOS or Android applications
- Experience with AtTask
- Experience with Mobile automation
- UIAutomation scripting experience
- Unit Testing in iOS
- JUnit experience
- Monkey Runner experience