Quality Assurance Contractor
Quality Assurance | Addison, TX | Contract
ABOUT our beloved company, BOTTLE ROCKET:
Bottle Rocket is dedicated to creating the highest quality iPhone, iPad and Android applications and brand-critical mobile solutions on the planet. We believe exceptionally innovative technology not only enhances the way we do things—it redefines the way we live our lives. To us, iOS and Android are more than sophisticated mobile operating systems—they are game-changing platforms uniting information, instant access and unlimited range to create entertainment and enterprise solutions.
We are a rapidly growing mobile strategy, design and development company at the forefront of the app revolution. We literally started the morning after Steve Jobs’ keynote announcing the iPhone SDK and months before the Apple App Store was even launched. In that time we have grown to a team of over 180 smart, passionate, hard-working Rocketeers and released over 150 high-profile, premium brand-critical mobile experiences for companies like History Channel, American Express, Discovery, ESPN, LEGO, Food Network, WWE, PBS, National Geographic, Coke, NBC Universal, NPR, and Starwood Hotels & Resorts, as well extremely popular games such as Rockpocalypse and Annoying Orange: Kitchen Carnage. Our apps have been Emmy nominated, won multiple Tabby, Webby and Media Vanguard Awards, are regularly featured in the press and have been awarded more Apple Hall of Fame Awards than any other company. Our work is used by tens of millions of delighted users every day to connect with the information, brands and entertainment they love. But this is just the tip of the iceberg.
About This Position: Contract Jr. QA
- Evaluate and test apps to verify that the app functions according to functional specifications, user requirements and development guidelines.
- Work closely with project managers to handle multiple maintenance projects simultaneously.
- Write, revise and verify quality standards and comprehensive test procedures for software evaluation.
- Design written protocols for both initial and regression testing of specific apps.
- Test existing iOS and Android apps
- Test new iOS and Android apps
- Manage your own time
- Contribute to the evolution of the Software Development Process
- Accurately track and report software errors and failures created during testing, with detailed descriptions of the inputs and conditions necessary to reproduce the error
- Apply your knowledge and principles of software theory, testing methodology and procedures
- Provide status on ongoing projects
- Minimum of 1 year experience testing complex systems
- Experience with SDLC
- Must have experience with bug tracking software such as RedMine, Jira, Bugzilla or equivalent
- Must be a Mac user
- Must own an iPhone, iPad or Android smartphone (and have owned it at least a year)
- Long-time Mac user
- Experience with Jenkins build server
- Experience testing iOS or Android applications
- Experience with Mobile automation
- UIAutomation scripting experience
- Unit Testing in iOS
- JUnit experience
- Monkey Runner experience