QA Automation Intern
Quality Assurance | Addison, TX | Internship
ABOUT Bottle Rocket:
Bottle Rocket has been a thought leader at the intersection of transformative technology and business innovation since our inception in 2008. Headquartered in Dallas, we design and develop experiences for the Connected Customer that produce undeniable value for many of the world’s most distinguished brands. Our more than 450 award-winning experiences have set new standards in connecting people to what they want and are transforming how our clients compete and win in the marketplace. Bottle Rocket is a strategic partner within the world-wide WPP integrated communications network. To learn more, visit us at bottlerocketstudios.com.
ABOUT working for Bottle Rocket:
Bottle Rocket is a rapidly growing specialist at the forefront of connected device revolution. Our team is comprised of mature, self-motivated professionals who bring passion to their craft. We do what it takes to get the job done, but never stop trying to improve ourselves and our services. By day, we sweat the details and build awesome mobile and digital experiences – and our passion doesn’t end there. After hours, we’re those people standing in line for the latest technologies and attending industry meet ups searching for more knowledge. Bottle Rocket not only exceeds standards – we set new ones (and have fun while doing it).
We take pride in our employees and their future. We have repeatedly been named to the Dallas Business Journal's Best Places to Work, The Dallas Morning News Top 100 Places to Work, and the Inc. 500. Our work has won an unprecedented number of Apple Hall of Fame awards, among many other industry recognitions. We have also been featured in Forbes as one of America’s Most Promising Companies. And our Founder and CEO was named Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year for our region.
It’s our duty to stay at the forefront of what’s next, and in our world, that means continuous innovation. It’s more than just a buzz word. It’s our day to day and the heartbeat of our Rocketeers. We believe innovation is the result of curiosity and the desire to make a difference. Innovation is a strategic imperative we use to deliver relevant offerings to help our clients stay ahead of the competition. Innovation that rapidly turns into execution is our strength.
With tens of millions of users interacting with our work every day, Bottle Rocket’s future promises continued growth in all areas of our business. If you are passionate about what you do and having fun while doing it, Bottle Rocket may be the place for you.
To learn more, visit us at bottlerocketstudios.com.
ABOUT This Position:
If you are interested in more than just a 9-to-5 job, are excited by working on a team of committed individuals, and want to make a difference in a young organization, then this is the place for you! This position is not about years of experience, industry background, or academics. It is about building great products, building great teams, and being excited about going to work every day!
We offer competitive salaries and have a full range of benefits including medical, dental and vision. We are a successful business and one of the most experienced app developers in the market. Come join us!
- Learn and investigate various automation tools including UI, load testing, and API tools
- Help increase the functionality of automation lab tools, devices, and configurations
- Work alongside automation engineers to develop test strategies and plans
- Write specific software tests verifying data correctness, server/device interface, and server response
- Help discover creative solutions for difficult testing scenarios
- Select, use, and build test automation tools
- Execute tests and determine the root cause of issues found for functional, negative, regression and ad-hoc testing
- Work with development teams to improve test processes, test coverage and continuously improve the services under test
- Work with automation engineers, functional QAs, and developers to identify best scenarios for automation
- Collaborate with other QAs to promote the use and active maintenance of scripts
- Read and analyze automation reports
- Perform load/stress testing using tools such as JMeter, LoadRunner, Bees With Machine Guns
- Passion to learn various automation tools
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills
- Self-starter working in an Agile development environment.
- Ability to learn on the job and take direction
- Experience writing automation scripts for iOS, Android and web applications
- Experience with IntelliJ, Selenium WebDriver, Appium, TestNG or other similar tools
- Knowledge of build and configuration management tools such as Jenkins
- Experience with version control systems such as Git, SourceTree, and Bitbucket
- Familiarity with testing web APIs using tools like Postman, Paw
- Performance testing of mobile apps