Thruster | Addison, TX | Full Time
About Bottle Rocket:
Bottle Rocket is dedicated to creating handcrafted iPhone, iPad and Android apps for the world's most discriminating brands. We believe exceptionally innovative technology not only enhances the way we do things - it redefines the way we live our lives. We are a remarkable team of dreamers, thinkers, makers and doers with unparalleled experience and a relentless passion for pushing the limits of mobile.
About Working for Bottle Rocket:
We are a rapidly growing mobile development company at the forefront of the app revolution. We have developed and released over 90 high profile, award-winning apps for companies like NPR, Discovery Channel, Disney, BET, American Express, AARP, Bravo, ESPN, SPIN Magazine, History Channel, as well extremely popular games such as Doodle Bomb and Annoying Orange Kitchen Carnage. Our apps often top the charts and win much-coveted industry awards like the People’s Voice Award at The Webbys, SPD Awards’ Tablet App of the Year and Variety’s Entertainment App Developer of the Year. We recently had our fourth app inducted into the Apple Hall of Fame, more than any other app developer. Bottle Rocket was also named one of The Dallas Morning News’ Top Places to Work in 2012.
Of course, such high visibility and growth comes with its own challenges. Our services are in such high demand that we need the most talented individuals, such as yourself, to continue to grow our brand, our organization, and our skill set. We can offer you as much challenge as you can handle! We have been wildly successful because we work hard for our clients, our end users, and for each other. We have staffed our teams with "A" players that do not accept anything less than the best from themselves and each other. This allows us to continually improve our work, our processes, and our vision.
About This Position:
As a Project Manager, you will be expected to thrive in an extremely fast-paced environment with constantly changing priorities. You will need to balance client needs and requests alongside resource management, milestones and schedules, scope of work, tasking, keeping the team up-to-date and prioritizing while ensuring the client understands each step in the project process. This position requires an extremely organized, efficient and effective individual.
If you are interested in more than just a 9–to–5 job, are excited by working with a team of committed individuals, and want to make a difference in a young organization, then this is the place for you! This position is not about years of experience, industry background, or academics. It is about building great products, building great teams, and being excited about going to work every day!
We offer competitive salaries and have a full range of benefits including medical, dental and vision. We are a successful business and one of the most experienced app developers in the market. Come join us!
- Iteration tracking
- Project tool management - issue entering, prioritization, tracking/assignment
- Timeline creation and management
- Documentation (project deliverables and client documentation)
- Resource management and focus allocation
- Intra-team communication
- Resource sharing
- Scope management and change order creation and approvals
- Client communication
- Obtain client sign-offs
- Meeting management
- Track billing milestones including alerting Admin/Billing for billing milestones
- Road-map the scope of a project when necessary
- Provide insulation from client when needed
- Hub of communication for project team (strategist, creative, development, QA, etc.)
- Management of independent contractors and vendors when applicable on a project
- Customer satisfaction
- 5 years of experience (experience with a web development firm will qualify)
- Familiarity with @task, Jira or similar PM system
- MUST own an iPhone, Android or iPad (for at least one year)
- Mac user is a plus