Project Management | Addison, TX | Full Time
About Bottle Rocket:
Bottle Rocket is dedicated to creating handcrafted iPhone, iPad and Android apps for the world's most discriminating brands. We believe exceptionally innovative technology not only enhances the way we do things - it redefines the way we live our lives. We are a remarkable team of dreamers, thinkers, makers and doers with unparalleled experience and a relentless passion for pushing the limits of mobile.
About Working for Bottle Rocket:
We are a rapidly growing mobile development company at the forefront of the app revolution. We have developed and released over 90 high profile, award-winning apps for companies like NPR, Discovery Channel, Disney, BET, American Express, AARP, Bravo, ESPN, SPIN Magazine, History Channel, as well extremely popular games such as Doodle Bomb and Annoying Orange Kitchen Carnage. Our apps often top the charts and win much-coveted industry awards like the People’s Voice Award at The Webbys, SPD Awards’ Tablet App of the Year and Variety’s Entertainment App Developer of the Year. We recently had our fourth app inducted into the Apple Hall of Fame, more than any other app developer. Bottle Rocket was also named one of The Dallas Morning News’ Top Places to Work in 2012.
Of course, such high visibility and growth comes with its own challenges. Our services are in such high demand that we need the most talented individuals, such as yourself, to continue to grow our brand, our organization, and our skill set. We can offer you as much challenge as you can handle! We have been wildly successful because we work hard for our clients, our end users, and for each other. We have staffed our teams with "A" players that do not accept anything less than the best from themselves and each other. This allows us to continually improve our work, our processes, and our vision.
About This Position:
As a Project Coordinator, you will be expected to be an aspiring project manager dedicated to the disciplines and study the art and science of project management. Specifically, you must love interacting with digital experiences on mobile devices and be able to examine those experiences with a critical eye. You should have a basic understanding of the type of work that is required to create a mobile app. You will need to be extremely organized and have a strong eye for quality. You will be part of our matrixed Project Management Office and will work under the supervision of a project manager.
If you are interested in more than just a 9–to–5 job, are excited by working with a team of committed individuals, and want to make a difference in a young organization, then this is the place for you! This position is not about years of experience, industry background, or academics. It is about building great products, building great teams, and being excited about going to work every day!
We offer competitive salaries and have a full range of benefits including medical, dental and vision. We are a successful business and one of the most experienced app developers in the market. Come join us!
- Iteration tracking
- Project tool management - issue entering, prioritization, tracking/assignment of issues and tasks (including but not limited to @task and quality control tools)
- Track and update client facing documentation for features, APIs, feeds, etc
- Prepare and/or edit meeting minutes and presentation of materials
- Aid with resource management and focus allocation as directed by supervising project manager
- Facilitate intra-team communication
- Assist the project manager with client communication as requested
- Meeting management and call setups
- Participate in daily-stand ups and help identify and track blockers
- BA or BS degree preferred
- Educational focus in graphic arts, computer science or business preferred
- 1+ years of work experience in a discipline such as account management, computer science, quality assurance or graphic design in an interactive / digital agency, game studio, or mobile environment studio preferred
- MUST have owned an iPhone, Android phone or iPad for at least one year
- Provide a cover letter to tell us more about yourself and why you want to work for Bottle Rocket Apps!