AWE | Addison, TX | Full Time
AWE, a TV Everywhere product for iOS and Android, is an expansion of the award winning app development company, Bottle Rocket. We are a rapidly growing product team at the forefront of the mobile TV revolution. Our team has developed and released several watch apps for networks like TNT, TBS, A&E, History and Lifetime. We have staffed our teams with "A" players that do not accept anything less than the best from themselves and each other. This allows us to continually improve our work, our processes, and our vision.
About Working for Bottle Rocket:
We are a rapidly growing mobile development company at the forefront of the app revolution. We have developed and released over 90 high profile, award-winning apps for companies like NPR, Discovery Channel, Disney, BET, American Express, AARP, Bravo, ESPN, SPIN Magazine, History Channel, as well extremely popular games such as Doodle Bomb and Annoying Orange Kitchen Carnage. Our apps often top the charts and win much-coveted industry awards like the People’s Voice Award at The Webbys, SPD Awards’ Tablet App of the Year and Variety’s Entertainment App Developer of the Year. We recently had our fourth app inducted into the Apple Hall of Fame, more than any other app developer. Bottle Rocket was also named one of The Dallas Morning News’ Top Places to Work in 2012.
Of course, such high visibility and growth comes with its own challenges. Our services are in such high demand that we need the most talented individuals, such as yourself, to continue to grow our brand, our organization, and our skill set. We can offer you as much challenge as you can handle! We have been wildly successful because we work hard for our clients, our end users, and for each other.
About This Position:
The perfect Production Artist for AWE will have meticulous file organization and proofing skills, complemented by a great attention to detail. A self-motivated attitude is a must, with the ability to work both independently and within a team environment. The successful candidate will be able to define our artwork production process, wrangle client artwork to meet our standards and work well under pressure. The Production Artist will need to work closely with the UX/UI design team during feature creation and the development teams for art production. This is first and foremost a artwork production role but there will be the need so UI design experience is a plus.
If you are interested in more than just a 9–to–5 job, are excited by working with a team of committed individuals, and want to make a difference in a young organization, then this is the place for you! This position is about building a great product, being a part of a great team, and waking up excited about going to work every day!
We offer competitive salaries and have a full range of benefits including medical, dental and vision. We are a successful business and one of the most experienced app developers in the market. Come join us!
- Graphic production - create art assets for iPhone, iPad and Android apps
- Become an expert in both iOS and Android guidelines and production processes
- Work in partnership with product leadership, visual design, and engineering to deliver the necessary artwork files on time and within budget
- Work directly with our client's creative teams
- Support with design and creation of custom controls, icons, buttons, interfaces and communication materials
- MUST have 3+ years of design and production experience
- MUST have extreme Photoshop and Illustrator skills (expert or close to it)
- MUST have solid knowledge of HCI, navigation and usability for UI design
- MUST have mobile or interactive UI design experience and be able to show work
- MUST own an iPhone (and have owned it at least a year)
- MUST provide a link to online portfolio or jpegs of work you have created.
- MUST be able to show your Photoshop files so we understand how you organize your layers, naming conventions, etc.
- MUST have extensive experience with creating graphics for low bandwidth distribution
- MUST have excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with a team made up of various disciplines.
- MUST be able to manage timelines, work on multiple projects at once, enjoy challenges
- MUST be a Mac user
- MUST be passionate about organized design files and efficient artwork production
- MUST enjoy being a part of an AWEsome product team
- Designed and did the art production for multiple mobile iOS and Android apps that we can see in the app store
- Proficiency in design tools such as InDesign, Omnigraffle and After Effects
- Animation experience
- Video production experience
- Stood in line to get your iPhone or iPad