Mobile Strategist - Game Designer
Thruster | Addison, TX | Full Time
About Bottle Rocket:
Bottle Rocket is dedicated to creating handcrafted iPhone, iPad and Android apps for the world's most discriminating brands. We believe exceptionally innovative technology not only enhances the way we do things - it redefines the way we live our lives. We are a remarkable team of dreamers, thinkers, makers and doers with unparalleled experience and a relentless passion for pushing the limits of mobile.
About Working for Bottle Rocket:
We are a rapidly growing mobile development company at the forefront of the app revolution. We have developed and released over 90 high profile, award-winning apps for companies like NPR, Discovery Channel, Disney, BET, American Express, AARP, Bravo, ESPN, SPIN Magazine, History Channel, as well extremely popular games such as Doodle Bomb and Annoying Orange Kitchen Carnage. Our apps often top the charts and win much-coveted industry awards like the People’s Voice Award at The Webbys, SPD Awards’ Tablet App of the Year and Variety’s Entertainment App Developer of the Year. We recently had our fourth app inducted into the Apple Hall of Fame, more than any other app developer. Bottle Rocket was also named one of The Dallas Morning News’ Top Places to Work in 2012.
Of course, such high visibility and growth comes with its own challenges. Our services are in such high demand that we need the most talented individuals, such as yourself, to continue to grow our brand, our organization, and our skill set. We can offer you as much challenge as you can handle! We have been wildly successful because we work hard for our clients, our end users, and for each other. We have staffed our teams with "A" players that do not accept anything less than the best from themselves and each other. This allows us to continually improve our work, our processes, and our vision.
About This Position:
MOBILE STRATEGIST - Game Designer
If you are interested in more than just a 9–to–5 job, are excited by working with a team of committed individuals, and want to make a difference in a young organization, then this is the place for you! This position is not about years of experience, industry background, or academics. It is about building great products, building great teams, and being excited about going to work every day!
We offer competitive salaries and have a full range of benefits including medical, dental and vision. We are a successful business and one of the most experienced app developers in the market. Come join us!
- Lead client discovery sessions and tease out the business drivers, brand equities and user insights that will shape an awesome app
- Define how Bottle Rocket will approach the project and provide the client or team with thoughtful, unique solutions to their app needs
- Create an app vision and mission statement
- Design an app experience through pencils and ensure the vision is maintained through production of the app
- Balance the high-level thought with the detail of specifications
- Implement and balance gameplay
- Client-facing and experienced in relationship building
- Awareness and understanding of business strategy, digital strategy and brand strategy
- Experience in game systems breakdowns and in their creation
- Experience in requirements gathering
- Experience in the execution of digital business strategies
- Experience in crafting vision and mission briefs
- Experience in crafting creative briefs
- Experience in crafting RFP responses
- Experience in creating pencils and wireframes
- Experience in defining features, functionality and content
- Experience in sharing a vision with clients and team members
- Prefer a collaborative and open work style
- Background in creative design, information architecture or experience design
- Experience in both large and small workplaces
- High-level understanding of CMS, feeds, APIs and publishing tools
- Being a fully digital person
- Being a maker
- Being an information junkie
- Being fearless