Mobile Strategist and UEX Professional
User Experience | Addison, TX | Full Time
ABOUT our beloved company, BOTTLE ROCKET:
Bottle Rocket is dedicated to creating the highest quality iPhone, iPad and Android applications and brand-critical mobile solutions on the planet. We believe exceptionally innovative technology not only enhances the way we do things—it redefines the way we live our lives. To us, iOS and Android are more than sophisticated mobile operating systems—they are game-changing platforms uniting information, instant access and unlimited range to create entertainment and enterprise solutions.
We are a rapidly growing mobile strategy, design and development company at the forefront of the app revolution. We literally started the morning after Steve Jobs’ keynote announcing the iPhone SDK and months before the Apple App Store was even launched. In that time we have grown to a team of over 180 smart, passionate, hard-working Rocketeers and released over 150 high-profile, premium brand-critical mobile experiences for companies like History Channel, American Express, Discovery, ESPN, LEGO, Food Network, WWE, PBS, National Geographic, Coke, NBC Universal, NPR, Chick-fil-A and Starwood Hotels & Resorts, as well extremely popular games such as Rockpocalypse and Annoying Orange: Kitchen Carnage. Our apps have been Emmy nominated, won multiple Tabby, Webby and Media Vanguard Awards, are regularly featured in the press and have been awarded more Apple Hall of Fame Awards than any other company. Our work is used by tens of millions of delighted users every day to connect with the information, brands and entertainment they love. But this is just the tip of the iceberg.
Now, let’s talk ABOUT what it’s like to have a career at BOTTLE ROCKET:
We will never stop pushing the envelope of design, architecture and the capabilities of the platforms we embrace. Our future promises continued growth of both our capacity and capabilities in all areas of our business from strategy, creative, engineering, quality assurance, project management, account management and administration and across our core custom design and development divisions (if you can dream it, we can build it) as well our specialty divisions focusing on game development, TV Everywhere, enterprise, commerce, publishing and more. If you choose to get to know Bottle Rocket better, you’ll learn that we are a values-driven business where things like “embrace the impossible”, “take your craft personally” and “serve the user” really mean something. If you visit our studio the first thing you’ll feel is passion. The next is energy and excitement. You’ll see Rocketeers debating design issues at whiteboards on nearly every wall, focusing on tough problems in complex code, leading client meetings with the world’s top brands, conducting user testing to find areas to improve our work and creating project plans to release the next award-winning app. You’ll see a 100% Mac laptop environment (either 15” MacBook Pro Retina or 13” Mac Air), electric height-adjustable desks on wheels, seriously robust Wi-Fi, hundreds of test devices available for checkout, bean bags, booths and 27” Apple Cinema Displays on every desk.
With all of this comes another big challenge, embracing the impossible. Bottle Rocket consistently does what other companies can’t. But this is only possible because of our passion. We know and love the iPhone, iPad and Android unlike anyone else. We’re those people who stood in line for the newest model. We value aesthetics, UI and UEX. We build awesome applications that serve the user and not only exceed standards, but set new ones. We sweat the details.
And now we are part of WPP, the world's largest advertising and marketing services company made up of 150 different companies around the world with more than 165,000 employees over 3,000 offices in 110 countries including giants of industry like Ogilvy & Mather, Young & Rubicam, JWT, Grey, Wunderman and AKQA. The partnership is amazing and provides the horsepower for Bottle Rocket to expand its impact not only in the industry, but also across the globe.
So, what do you think? Sound like just the thing you’ve been looking for? If so, don’t hesitate, apply now…
ABOUT this position:
MOBILE STRATEGIST & UEX PROFESSIONAL
As part of our UEX team, it's essential that every person we bring on board clearly understands how Bottle Rocket approaches app creation:
- We build brand experiences
- Our apps have purpose, aligning to brand and business strategies
- Our apps are relevant and personal to the end user
- Our apps exploit mobile technology and the latest UEX advancements to deliver an experience unique to the device
- Our apps are NOT repurposed websites
We believe in smart, well-rounded strategists. We expect our strategists to be a mix of strategy, experience design, information architecture, interaction design and creative direction. Yes, we know we are asking a lot...that's just how we roll.
If you are interested in more than just a 9–to–5 job, are excited by working with a team of committed individuals, and want to make a difference in a young organization, then this is the place for you! This position is not about years of experience, industry background, or academics. It is about building great products, building great teams, and being excited about going to work every day!
We offer competitive salaries and have a full range of benefits including medical, dental and vision. We are a successful business and one of the most experienced app developers in the market. Come join us!
- Lead client discovery sessions and tease out the business drivers, brand equities and user insights that will shape an awesome app
- Define how Bottle Rocket will approach the project and provide the client with thoughtful, unique solutions to their app needs
- Create an app vision and mission statement
- Design an app experience through pencils and ensure the vision is maintained through production of the app
- Balance the high-level thought with the detail of specifications
- Client-facing and experienced in relationship building
- Awareness and understanding of business strategy, digital strategy and brand strategy
- Experience in requirements gathering
- Experience in the execution of digital business strategies
- Experience in crafting vision and mission briefs
- Experience in crafting creative briefs
- Experience in crafting RFP responses
- Experience in creating pencils and wireframes
- Experience in defining features, functionality and content
- Experience in sharing a vision with clients and team members
- Must own an iPhone or Android smartphone (and have owned it at least a year)
- Experience with Mac OS is a plus
- Prefer a collaborative and open work style
- Background in creative design, information architecture or experience design
- Experience in both large and small workplaces
- High-level understanding of CMS, feeds, APIs and publishing tools
- Being a fully digital person
- Being a maker
- Being an information junkie
- Being fearless