Marketing Art Director
Marketing | Addison, TX | Full Time
ABOUT Bottle Rocket:
Bottle Rocket is an award-winning Dallas-based mobile strategy, design, and development company leading top brands like NBCUniversal, Coca-Cola, Starwood Hotels & Resorts, PetSmart, and Mary Kay through mobile innovation. Since 2008, we have developed over 180 (and counting) iPhone, iPad, and Android applications, as well as building experiences for streaming devices, wearables, VR headsets, and connected TV. To us, mobile and innovative technology is more than enhancements in our daily lives. They are game-changing platforms uniting information, entertainment, and enterprise solutions.
As a part of WPP, the world’s largest advertising and marketing services company made up of 150 different companies around the world including companies like Ogilvy & Mather, Young & Rubicam, JWT, Grey, Wunderman, and AKQA, we have the horsepower to expand not only in the industry, but across the world.
ABOUT working for Bottle Rocket:
Bottle Rocket is a rapidly growing mobile development company at the forefront of app revolution. Our team is comprised of mature, self-motivated professionals who bring passion to their craft. We do what it takes to get the job done, but never stop trying to improve ourselves and our services. By day, we sweat the details and build awesome mobile experiences – and our passion doesn’t end there. After hours, we’re those people standing in line for the latest games and technology. Bottle Rocket does not only exceed standards – we set news ones (and have fun while doing it).
We take pride in our employees and their future. We have repeatedly been named the Dallas Business Journal's Best Places to Work, The Dallas Morning News Top 100 Places to Work, and the Inc. 500. Our work has won an unprecedented number of Apple Hall of Fame awards.
We have even been featured on Forbes America’s Most Promising Companies List. And our Founder and CEO was named Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year for our region.
Bottle Rocket will never stop pushing the limits of mobile design, information architecture, and capabilities of the platforms we embrace. We love embracing the impossible in game development, TV Everywhere, enterprise, commerce, publishing, and more. With tens of millions of users interacting with our work every day, Bottle Rocket’s future promises continued growth of both our capacity and capabilities in all areas of our business. We focus on tough problems, improving our work, and creating project plans to release the next award-winning app. If you are passionate about what you do and having fun while doing it, Bottle Rocket may be the place for you.
For more information about our craft, visit bottlerocketstudios.com.
About this position:
As Marketing Art Director for Bottle Rocket, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and perfecting visual assets. These will include printed items, electronic items such as Keynote decks and web pages, and occasionally one-off physical items. You should have a keen design aesthetic, as evidenced by your prior work, and a deep understanding of how Marketing produces assets that are on brand and compel the viewer to take action.
You will be somewhat of a jack of all trades – if you enjoy variety this could be the role for you. Working closely with the Marketing Executive, Copywriter, you will be the primary producer of sales and marketing tools. This might include capabilities presentations, pitch decks, wall icons, email templates, mobile and web designs, and a host of other visual assets. You will need to have a strong opinion and voice that opinion, while also honoring the spirit of working collaboratively with people from all areas of the organization. You will literally be creating the face of Bottle Rocket, and you will need to embrace the responsibility courageously.
You will be the primary keeper of assets, both on the server and on the website. You will be asked constantly where to find logos, screenshots, case studies, and the like. You should love the fact that people think you are an expert! And, it will be good if you have ways to systematically organize visual assets and keep the company informed about how to locate and use such assets.
We offer competitive salaries and have a full range of benefits including medical, dental and vision. We are a successful business and one of the most experienced mobile experience providers in the market, with a reputation for extreme quality. Your work has to reflect this focus on quality and innovation. “The usual” will not be good enough. If you want a true challenge, where your expertise makes a difference, come join us!
Your specific responsibilities will include:
- Graphic design and art direction for anything produced by Marketing
- Proactively updating marketing assets such as the website and other digital presentation vehicles
- Contributing brand knowledge to all Marketing design and production activities
- Maintaining good relationships with third-party vendors in your areas of expertise (stock art and photography, art production, video production, photography, voiceover, other)
- Maintaining versions of all assets in an orderly and usable system
- Keeping website and other digital libraries current, testing frequently
- Producing Keynote (and possibly Prezi) presentations
- Assisting in event planning and execution, particularly as they require creative assets
- Maintaining an up-to-date Brand Guidelines Manual, in concert with the head of Bottle Rocket Creative
- Helping track expenditures with third-party vendors
- Creative design experience of 3-5 years in a studio, agency, or Marketing Department environment
- Facile with Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Keynote, PowerPoint, and Word
- Keeps up with the latest trends and best practices in digital creative
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent from college, university, or art/design school
- Familiarity with mobile apps, mobile lifestyle, and how people use the products we build
- Exceptional interpersonal skills: can drive a meeting
- Energetic, upbeat, highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Obsessively organized and capable of handling several projects simultaneously
- Resourceful and curious individual with a sharp intellect and the ability to pick things up quickly
- MUST own an iOS or Android device made in the last 2 years
- Photography skills
- Video editing skills
- Audio editing skills
- Own and have experience with iPad
- Experience with Prezi