Junior Quality Assurance Analyst
Quality Assurance | Addison, TX | Full Time
About Bottle Rocket:
Bottle Rocket is dedicated to creating high quality iPhone, iPad and Android applications. We believe exceptionally innovative technology not only enhances the way we do things—it redefines the way we live our lives. To us, iOS and Android are more than sophisticated mobile operating system—they are game-changing platforms uniting information, instant access and unlimited range to create entertainment and enterprise solutions.
About Working for Bottle Rocket:
We are a rapidly growing mobile development company at the forefront of the app revolution. We have developed and released over 60 high profile, premium brand experience apps for companies like NPR, PBS, Discovery Channel, Disney, American Express, AARP, Bravo, ESPN, SPIN Magazine, BET, A&E Television and the National Science Foundation, as well extremely popular games such as Doodle Bomb and Annoying Orange: Kitchen Carnage. Our apps are regularly featured in the press and have received critical acclaim. We estimate that over 15 million people use the apps we have built. These apps are just the tip of the iceberg. We continue to push the envelope of design and architecture and have literally dozens of new projects you may find very interesting.
Of course, such high visibility and growth comes with its own challenges. Our services are in such high demand that we need the most talented individuals, such as yourself, to continue to grow our brand, our organization, and our skill sets. We can offer you as much challenge as you can handle! We have been wildly successful because we work hard for our clients, our end users, and for each other. We have staffed our teams with "A" players that do not accept anything less than the best from themselves and each other. This allows us to continually improve our work, our processes, and our vision.
About This Position:
As a Junior Quality Assurance Analyst you will be expected to thrive in an extremely fast-paced environment with constantly changing priorities. You will work on several projects at the same time, ensuring that the applications we ship are of the highest quality. This is an important, demanding and highly visible role. You will be working very closely with the developers and the project managers on any issues that might arise. This position requires an extremely organized, efficient and effective individual who feels a real sense of ownership of each project.
If you are interested in more than just a 9–to–5 job, are excited by working with a team of committed individuals, and want to make a difference in a young organization, then this is the place for you! This position is not about years of experience, industry background, or academics. It is about building great products, building great teams, and being excited about going to work every day!
We offer competitive salaries and have a full range of benefits including medical, dental and vision. We are a successful business and one of the most experienced app developers in the market. Come join us!
- Evaluate and test apps to verify that the app functions according to functional specifications, user requirements and development guidelines.
- Work closely with project managers to handle multiple maintenance projects simultaneously.
- Write, revise and verify quality standards and comprehensive test procedures for software evaluation.
- Design written protocols for both initial and regression testing of specific apps.
- Test existing iOS and Android apps
- Test new iOS and Android apps
- Manage your own time
- Contribute to the evolution of the Software Development Process
- Accurately track and report software errors and failures created during testing, with detailed descriptions of the inputs and conditions necessary to reproduce the error
- Apply your knowledge and principles of software theory, testing methodology and procedures
- Provide status on ongoing projects
- Minimum of 1 year experience testing complex systems
- Experience with SDLC
- Must have experience with bug tracking software such as RedMine, Jira, Bugzilla or equivalent
- Must be a Mac user
- Must own an iPhone, iPad or Android smartphone (and have owned it at least a year)
- Long-time Mac user
- Experience with Jenkins build server
- Experience testing iOS or Android applications
- Experience with AtTask
- Experience with Mobile automation
- UIAutomation scripting experience
- Unit Testing in iOS
- JUnit experience
- Monkey Runner experience