iOS Engineering Manager
Engineering | Addison, TX | Full Time
ABOUT Bottle Rocket:
Bottle Rocket has been a thought leader at the intersection of transformative technology and business innovation since our inception in 2008. Headquartered in Dallas, we design and develop experiences for the Connected Customer that produce undeniable value for many of the world’s most distinguished brands. Our more than 450 award-winning experiences have set new standards in connecting people to what they want and are transforming how our clients compete and win in the marketplace. Bottle Rocket is a strategic partner within the world-wide WPP integrated communications network. To learn more, visit us at bottlerocketstudios.com.
ABOUT working for Bottle Rocket:
Bottle Rocket is a rapidly growing specialist at the forefront of connected device revolution. Our team is comprised of mature, self-motivated professionals who bring passion to their craft. We do what it takes to get the job done, but never stop trying to improve ourselves and our services. By day, we sweat the details and build awesome mobile and digital experiences – and our passion doesn’t end there. After hours, we’re those people standing in line for the latest technologies and attending industry meet ups searching for more knowledge. Bottle Rocket not only exceeds standards – we set new ones (and have fun while doing it).
We take pride in our employees and their future. We have repeatedly been named to the Dallas Business Journal's Best Places to Work, The Dallas Morning News Top 100 Places to Work, and the Inc. 500. Our work has won an unprecedented number of Apple Hall of Fame awards, among many other industry recognitions. We have also been featured in Forbes as one of America’s Most Promising Companies. And our Founder and CEO was named Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year for our region.
It’s our duty to stay at the forefront of what’s next, and in our world, that means continuous innovation. It’s more than just a buzz word. It’s our day to day and the heartbeat of our Rocketeers. We believe innovation is the result of curiosity and the desire to make a difference. Innovation is a strategic imperative we use to deliver relevant offerings to help our clients stay ahead of the competition. Innovation that rapidly turns into execution is our strength.
With tens of millions of users interacting with our work every day, Bottle Rocket’s future promises continued growth in all areas of our business. If you are passionate about what you do and having fun while doing it, Bottle Rocket may be the place for you.
To learn more, visit us at bottlerocketstudios.com.
ABOUT This Position:
As an iOS Manager, you will lead a team of developers to architect, design, develop and test complex iOS applications using modern mobile technologies. You will initiate and drive the development of standards, best practices and guidelines, and manage resource commitments across multiple projects balancing skillsets and project needs. You are a strong leader who can prioritize well, know how to properly deal with ambiguity and changes in scope, dive deep, demonstrate excellent judgment, have great communication skills, and have a track record for delivering results.
- Ensure team’s adherence to proper design principles to projects and frameworks
- Provide accurate estimates of projects and features
- Work directly with individual contributors to mentor them in advancing their role-specific skills and careers
- Optimize overall team performance, by coaching individual team members
- Collaborate effectively with cross-functional team members and teams
- Present issues and risks, and their business impact to management in a timely manner with proposed mitigation. Actively seek and remove impediments to team success regardless of where they originate.
- Establish new and improve existing design principles, coding style guidelines, web discipline standards and process improvements
- Communicate effectively and clearly with internal and external clients
- Maintain confidentiality of client credentials, components of statistical work, client documents and interfacing of their systems
- Continuously improves software development productivity, quality, predictability, and team morale
- Participate in human resource activities associated with the team, including recruiting, hiring, performance evaluation, and coaching
- Monitor and track the latest developments and direction of iOS platform
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform on-the-job training and research
- Work on internal documentation, training and other special projects, as required
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 7+ years of software industry experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience managing a team of technical resources, including recruiting, administrative, performance, and resource planning
- Experience managing teams delivering web, mobile and/or cloud-based solutions
- Hands on experience with agile software development methodologies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or relevant experience
- Experience leading development/technical teams
- Some Knowledge of SEO, Accessibility and Internationalization/Localization
- Proven managerial experience, including experience coaching direct reports in building and managing their career development plans
- Familiar with Continuous Integration concepts and tools
- Good time management skills
- Strong communication skills with a high emphasis on the ability to explain technology in business terms and to express opinions clearly in a straightforward manner
- Self-driven and self-managed with the ability to operate effectively with minimum oversight
- Able to work in a fast-paced, very team-oriented environment
- Have a passion for technology and follow industry best practices
- Regular attendance at work is required for successful performance
- Past experience in leading teams in building and maintaining large mobile applications
- Experience in managing distributed teams with engineers in multiple locations (on-site and remote)
- Experience managing vendors and managed services providers
- Knowledge of cross platform mobile development tools (React Native, NativeScript, ionic, etc.)
- Experience using Atlassian suite of tools - Confluence, JIRA, Stash
- Supervisory Responsibilities
- Supervises and mentors a team of iOS engineers, including but not limited to career development and coaching, performance reviews, providing engineering leadership with promotion recommendations.
Contacts with this Position
- Work with all levels within the company. Interacts with clients and potential clients. Aids Business Development in sales pitches and technical assessments