Engineering | Addison, TX | Full Time
ABOUT our beloved company, BOTTLE ROCKET:
Bottle Rocket is dedicated to creating the highest quality iPhone, iPad and Android applications and brand-critical mobile solutions on the planet. We believe exceptionally innovative technology not only enhances the way we do things—it redefines the way we live our lives. To us, iOS and Android are more than sophisticated mobile operating systems—they are game-changing platforms uniting information, instant access and unlimited range to create entertainment and enterprise solutions.
We are a rapidly growing mobile strategy, design and development company at the forefront of the app revolution. We literally started the morning after Steve Jobs’ keynote announcing the iPhone SDK and months before the Apple App Store was even launched. In that time we have grown to a team of over 180 smart, passionate, hard-working Rocketeers and released over 150 high-profile, premium brand-critical mobile experiences for companies like History Channel, American Express, Discovery, ESPN, LEGO, Food Network, WWE, PBS, National Geographic, Coke, NBC Universal, NPR, and Starwood Hotels & Resorts, as well extremely popular games such as Rockpocalypse and Annoying Orange: Kitchen Carnage. Our apps have been Emmy nominated, won multiple Tabby, Webby and Media Vanguard Awards, are regularly featured in the press and have been awarded more Apple Hall of Fame Awards than any other company. Our work is used by tens of millions of delighted users every day to connect with the information, brands and entertainment they love. But this is just the tip of the iceberg.
Now, let’s talk ABOUT what it’s like to have a career at BOTTLE ROCKET:
We will never stop pushing the envelope of design, architecture and the capabilities of the platforms we embrace. Our future promises continued growth of both our capacity and capabilities in all areas of our business from strategy, creative, engineering, quality assurance, project management, account management and administration and across our core custom design and development divisions (if you can dream it, we can build it) as well our specialty divisions focusing on game development, TV Everywhere, enterprise, commerce, publishing and more. If you choose to get to know Bottle Rocket better, you’ll learn that we are a values-driven business where things like “embrace the impossible”, “take your craft personally” and “serve the user” really mean something. If you visit our studio the first thing you’ll feel is passion. The next is energy and excitement. You’ll see Rocketeers debating design issues at whiteboards on nearly every wall, focusing on tough problems in complex code, leading client meetings with the world’s top brands, conducting user testing to find areas to improve our work and creating project plans to release the next award-winning app. You’ll see a 100% Mac laptop environment (either 15” MacBook Pro Retina or 13” Mac Air), electric height-adjustable desks on wheels, seriously robust Wi-Fi, hundreds of test devices available for checkout, bean bags, booths and 27” Apple Cinema Displays on every desk.
With all of this comes another big challenge, embracing the impossible. Bottle Rocket consistently does what other companies can’t. But this is only possible because of our passion. We know and love the iPhone, iPad and Android unlike anyone else. We’re those people who stood in line for the newest model. We value aesthetics, UI and UEX. We build awesome applications that serve the user and not only exceed standards, but set new ones. We sweat the details. And while it is acceptable to take a focus day to work out of the office every now and then, Rocketeers primarily work in our studios in Addison, Texas. It’s an all-hands-on-deck, collaborative environment with plenty of white boards to explore your ideas. We have plenty of space in the office to step away for an hour or so and focus priorities.
And now we are part of WPP, the world's largest advertising and marketing services company made up of 150 different companies around the world with more than 165,000 employees over 3,000 offices in 110 countries including giants of industry like Ogilvy & Mather, Young & Rubicam, JWT, Grey, Wunderman and AKQA. The partnership is amazing and provides the horsepower for Bottle Rocket to expand its impact not only in the industry, but also across the globe.
So, what do you think? Sound like just the thing you’ve been looking for? If so, don’t hesitate, apply now…
Provide architecture and application design oversight to iOS applications, as well as technical mentoring and training to iOS developers. Capable of leading an iOS project from start to finish by working with developers and creative designers to design, develop and test complex applications for iOS devices. Stay on top of iOS technology trends and evangelize within the organization. This position requires an expert in XCode + Objective-C as well as demonstrated expertise in iOS application design and development.
· Overall responsibility for ongoing data architecture for products and custom applications, as well as for Bottle Rocket internal frameworks
· Establish iOS best practices for coding conventions, use of frameworks, reviews, testing, builds, repositories
· Monitor and track the latest developments and direction of iOS platforms
· Work closely with other developers to design, develop, test, implement and support new front-end applications, systems and tools
· Provide business development team with technology trend information and assist with new project estimates as required
· Maintain confidentiality of client credentials, components of statistical work, client documents and interfacing of their systems
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
· Perform regular architecture, application design and code reviews
· Provide informal mentoring and formal training to iOS developers
· May act as project lead
· Online documentation of designs and best practices
· Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
· 3+ years of iOS development experience
· 8+ years of overall software development experience
· Expert knowledge of Objective-C, Swift and XCode
· Significant hands-on experience with software design patterns and principles
· Strong communication skills with a high emphasis on the ability to explain technology in business terms and to express opinions clearly in a straightforward manner
· Self-driven and self-managed, good time management skills
· Ability to make decisions regarding coding trade-offs and knowledge of system design
· Able to work in a fast-paced, very team-oriented environment
· Have a passion for technology and follow industry best practices
· Regular attendance at work is required for successful performance
· Previous development experience with other mobile platforms
· Experience defining APIs and Frameworks
· Multiple iOS applications available in App Store
· Significant knowledge of Jenkins, BitBucket, git / gitflow, Cocoa Pods
· Experience with iOS Application Extensions
This position has no supervisory responsibilities or direct reports, but is responsible for mentoring and technical leadership over other iOS developers.
Contacts with this Position
Works with all levels within the company. May interact with clients and potential clients.
· Lifting and carrying up to 10 pounds
· Good hearing and listening
· Clear speech in the English language
· Reach with hands and arms throughout day
· Talk clearly
· Hear within normal range
· Sit for up to 8 hours or more
· Stand, walk, and bend several times per day
•Reading – Complex
•Writing – Complex
•Advanced Math skills
•Good vision with color perception
•Near vision – able to see details at close range
The physical environment requires the team member to work primarily inside. May be requested to work overtime and weekends for special program events.
Required Use of Machinery, Tools, Equipment and Personal Protective Equipment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by team members assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all team members within this class. I understand that the purpose of this job description is to provide the team member with the essentials functions of the position. It is not an employment contract and should not be construed as such. Furthermore, no promise, statement or writing made by a manager may be interpreted to constitute an employment relationship other than “at will.”
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position. This is an accurate description of the essential functions of my position.
*For more information please see www.bottlerocketstudios.com.