Administration | Addison, TX | Full Time
About Bottle Rocket:
Bottle Rocket is dedicated to creating high quality iPhone, iPad and Android applications. We believe exceptionally innovative technology not only enhances the way we do things - it redefines the way we live our lives. To us, the iPhone is more than a sophisticated phone; it’s a game-changing platform uniting information, instant access and unlimited range to create entertainment and enterprise solutions.
About Working for Bottle Rocket:
We are a rapidly growing mobile development company at the forefront of the app revolution. We have developed and released over 50 high profile, interesting apps for companies like NPR, PBS, Discovery Channel, Disney, American Express, AARP, Bravo, ESPN, SPIN Magazine, BET, History Channel, as well extremely popular games such as Doodle Bomb and Annoying Orange Kitchen Carnage. Our apps are regularly featured in the press and have received critical acclaim. We estimate that over 15 million people use the apps we have built. These apps are just the tip of the iceberg. We continue to push the envelope of design and architecture and have literally dozens of new projects you may find very interesting.
Of course such high visibility and growth comes with its own challenges. Our services are in such high demand that we need the most talented individuals, such as yourself, to continue to grow our brand, our organization, and our skill sets. We can offer you as much challenge as you can handle! We have been wildly successful because we work hard for our clients, our end users, and for each other. We have staffed our teams with "A" players that do not accept anything less than the best from themselves and each other. This allows us to continually improve our work, our processes, and our vision.
About This Position
Our President and Founder is looking for an Executive Assistant to partner with him as he leads Bottle Rocket in executing our vision. The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced and challenging environment, be proactive in his or her approach, and extremely organized. The EA will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support tasks, will ensure our President’s office runs smoothly and communications are clear. This person must enjoy always being on the go and remain flexible while keeping things organized. The EA must be fully dialed in: independent, resourceful, efficient, discrete, and on top of the smallest details. Stellar writing and interpersonal skills are paramount. The individual must be able to work independently and proactively and have the requisite communication skills to represent Bottle Rocket in this high profile position.
The Executive Assistant will help our President to manage:
- His schedule and daily calendar so that his time allocation is focused on priorities that drive value
- His projects and task list by keeping track of projects and deadlines and communicating progress in real-time
- Calls to make, tracking and monitoring pending issues for follow-up and independently developing agendas for future meetings and/or calls
- Keeping track of materials as you travel alongside him, taking notes while in meetings, and ensuring follow-up is executed in a timely manner
- Staying on track and following up with existing priorities and commitments even as new thoughts and distractions arise
If you are interested in more than just a 9-to-5 job, are excited by working on a team of committed individuals, and want to make a difference in a young organization, then this is the place for you! This position is not about years of experience, industry background, or academics. It is about building great products, building great teams, and being excited about going to work every day!
We offer competitive salaries and have a full range of benefits including medical, dental, vision and 401(k). We are a successful business and one of the most experienced app developers in the market. Come join us!
- Thoroughly understand the communication approach and style desired by the President and use this knowledge in creating and executing all communications.
- Be proactive in identifying problems, determining solutions and recommending appropriate course of action.
- Schedule and maintain complex calendar of appointments, conference calls, meetings and travel itineraries, coordinate related arrangements, gather information and determine and negotiate complex scheduling issues.
- Interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Conduct research and analysis as needed to provide details for correspondence and speeches; interface with other key individuals at BR and externally to obtain necessary data.
- Research pertinent issues and matters and report back to the President in appropriate oral, written and/or spreadsheet formats.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and follow through on issues in a timely manner.
- Provide meeting and event coordination, coordinating schedules and activities with others, finding location (on or off-site), making lunch arrangements, gathering materials, recommending and tracking budgets, communicating information/schedule to those attending, etc.
- Remain pleasant, positive and be the "face" of Bottle Rocket.
- Work independently with little or no supervision.
- Five years experience supporting C-level individuals
- Exceedingly well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting a busy executive, expediting interactions and coordinating communication between the President and others.
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills, strong decision making ability, absolute confidentiality and attention to detail are equally important.
- Ability to handle discreet, confidential information
- Excellent communication skills, including demonstrated skills composing, organizing and presenting information in professional written, oral and spreadsheet formats
- Positive, "can do" attitude
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to initiate routine and non-routine correspondence and memoranda
- Effective time management and prioritization abilities
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to proactively look for potential conflicts or issues and resolve with little or no involvement from the President
- Highly motivated self-starter who has the ability to work within a team, as well as work independently
- Ten years executive-level administrative support experience
- Be a Mac user
- Own an iPhone or Android phone (and have owned it at least a year)