Executive | Addison, TX | Full Time
About Bottle Rocket:
Bottle Rocket is dedicated to creating high quality iPhone, iPad and Android applications. We believe exceptionally innovative technology not only enhances the way we do things - it redefines the way we live our lives. To us, the iPhone is more than a sophisticated phone; it’s a game-changing platform uniting information, instant access and unlimited range to create entertainment and enterprise solutions.
About Working for Bottle Rocket:
If you are interested in more than just a 9-to-5 job, are excited by working on a team of committed individuals, and want to make a difference in a young organization, then this is the place for you! This position is not about years of experience, industry background, or academics. It is about building great products, building great teams, and being excited about going to work every day!
We offer competitive salaries and have a full range of benefits including medical, dental and vision. We are a successful business and one of the most experienced app developers in the market. Come join us!
The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support tasks and will be able to work independently with little or no supervision. Because this person serves as the initial contact for individuals contacting the President of the company and determines when he or others need to be engaged, this person must remain pleasant, positive and realize that they are the "first face" of Bottle Rocket to most people.
This person must be exceedingly well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting a busy executive, expediting interactions and coordinating communication between the President and others. The ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role. Expert level written and verbal communication skills, strong decision making ability, absolute confidentiality and attention to detail are equally important.
- Thoroughly understand the communication approach and style desired by the President and use this knowledge in creating and executing all communications.
- Be proactive in identifying problems, determining solutions and recommending appropriate course of action.
- Schedule and maintain complex calendar of appointments, conference calls, meetings and travel itineraries, coordinate related arrangements, gather information and determine and negotiate complex scheduling issues.
- Conduct research and analysis as needed to provide details for correspondence and speeches; interface with other key individuals at BR and externally to obtain data to use for these purposes.
- Research pertinent issues and matters and report back to the President in appropriate oral, written and/or spreadsheet formats.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and follow through on issues in a timely manner.
- Provide meeting and event coordination, coordinating schedules and activities with others, finding location (on or off-site), making lunch arrangements, gathering materials, recommending and tracking budgets, communicating information/schedule to those attending, etc.
- Ability to handle discreet, confidential information
- Excellent communication skills, including demonstrated skills composing, organizing and presenting information in professional written, oral and spreadsheet formats
- Positive, "can do" attitude
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to initiate routine and non-routine correspondence and memoranda
- Five years experience supporting C-suite individuals
- Effective time management and prioritization abilities
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to proactively look for potential conflicts or issues and resolve with little or no involvement from the President
- Highly motivated self-starter who has the ability to work within a team, as well as work independently
- Ten years executive-level administrative support experience
- Be a Mac user
- Own an iPhone (and have owned it at least a year)