Client Partner and Director of Strategy and Transformation
Client Success | Addison, TX | Full Time
ABOUT Bottle Rocket:
Bottle Rocket has been a thought leader at the intersection of transformative technology and business innovation since our inception in 2008. Headquartered in Dallas, we design and develop experiences for the Connected Customer that produce undeniable value for many of the world’s most distinguished brands. Our more than 450 award-winning experiences have set new standards in connecting people to what they want and are transforming how our clients compete and win in the marketplace. Bottle Rocket is a strategic partner within the world-wide WPP integrated communications network. To learn more, visit us at bottlerocketstudios.com.
ABOUT working for Bottle Rocket:
Bottle Rocket is a rapidly growing specialist at the forefront of connected device revolution. Our team is comprised of mature, self-motivated professionals who bring passion to their craft. We do what it takes to get the job done, but never stop trying to improve ourselves and our services. By day, we sweat the details and build awesome mobile and digital experiences – and our passion doesn’t end there. After hours, we’re those people standing in line for the latest technologies and attending industry meet ups searching for more knowledge. Bottle Rocket not only exceeds standards – we set new ones (and have fun while doing it).
We take pride in our employees and their future. We have repeatedly been named to the Dallas Business Journal's Best Places to Work, The Dallas Morning News Top 100 Places to Work, and the Inc. 500. Our work has won an unprecedented number of Apple Hall of Fame awards, among many other industry recognitions. We have also been featured in Forbes as one of America’s Most Promising Companies. And our Founder and CEO was named Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year for our region.
It’s our duty to stay at the forefront of what’s next, and in our world, that means continuous innovation. It’s more than just a buzz word. It’s our day to day and the heartbeat of our Rocketeers. We believe innovation is the result of curiosity and the desire to make a difference. Innovation is a strategic imperative we use to deliver relevant offerings to help our clients stay ahead of the competition. Innovation that rapidly turns into execution is our strength.
With tens of millions of users interacting with our work every day, Bottle Rocket’s future promises continued growth in all areas of our business. If you are passionate about what you do and having fun while doing it, Bottle Rocket may be the place for you.
To learn more, visit us at bottlerocketstudios.com.
ABOUT This Position:
*PLEASE NOTE, THERE MAY BE MULTIPLE LEVELS AVAILABLE. ACTUAL LEVEL WILL BE SPECIFIED AFTER SPEAKING WITH ONE OF OUR RECRUITERS OR HR REPRESENTATIVES. FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE SEE WWW.BOTTLEROCKETSTUDIOS.COM.
The Client Partner and Director of Strategy and Transformation position is a critical and highly visible role at Bottle Rocket and central to our Strategic Account Expansion (SAE) strategy.
Reporting to the VP, Strategy and Transformation, this position plays a key, active role on a small cross-functional team and drives Bottle Rocket’s long-term business strategy and preeminent client relationships with respect to the mission/vision of Connected Customer, Value Created, and Innovation Applied.
The successful candidate will support the VP’s efforts in formulating long- term business strategy and ensuring that Bottle Rocket is mobilizing, executing and delivering against key strategic priorities. The successful candidate will be a proven and collaborative leader, able to navigate across internal and external stakeholders, adding value through the consistent use of a CCTV (client-customer-technology-value created) mindset that enables productive, long-term revenue producing strategic relationship with Bottle Rocket’s Top Quartile Clients (TQC). The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Plays a key role in defining and shaping Bottle Rocket’s value proposition
- Provides key insights and challenges to our Go-to-Market Practice and processes
- Partners with the SVP, Business Development on deal structures and pricing strategies
- Supports the SVP, Strategy and Go To Market in the development of thought capital regarding WITHness and understanding the Connected Customer and the Connected Lifestyle
- Facilitates the integration of the strategic view of the client with the tactical view, providing a focus on optimizing long-range share of wallet and current contribution margin
- Works with CFO and Finance team to build shared meaning on TQC data, analysis, and implications
LONG-RANGE PLANNING AND STAKEHOLDER MANAGEMENT
- Works with other Client Partners (CPs) in the planning, calendaring, and executing of the cross-functional and cross-client long-range planning process, including ensuring requisite variety is inspired and maintained for the successful development of templates, identification of tasks and milestones all the way to submission of the combined plan, and leading review sessions with other CPs and all CoRE Management
- Tracks and ensures progress of key TQC priorities and initiatives that emerge from long-range plans
- Supports the VP, Strategy and Transformation in quarterly SAP plan reviews with both the Business Withness Group (BWG) and the Performance Board (PB) to track execution of action strategies versus plan
- Closely partners with FinOPs to ensure integration of strategic ambition and priorities with the Bottle Rocket financial plan
- Is the Go-To Person on an Annual PB TQC Summit
- Contributes to client process excellence and CoRE-carding (scorecarding) interpretation, implication identification and strategic insights
- Attends all relevant QBRs
STRATEGY & BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- Partners with BWG members and the SVP, Strategy and Go To Market to identify barriers to successful strategy execution and to create plausible transformative scenarios for focused industry offerings
- Partners with SVP, Strategy and Go To Market on evaluation and connections targeted on potential channel partnerships
- Supports the SVP, Strategy and Go To Market in the development of thought capital regarding WITHness and understanding the Connected Customer
- Supports the Go To Market team in the development of value produced benchmarks and supports diligence and evaluation of identified targets for future offerings
- Supports SVP, Business Development on pipeline development
- Partners with Sales and Business Development Executives to
- evaluate inbound opportunities, ensure all opportunities are targeted
- using the CCTV strategy and aligned CoRE priorities
- Supports S&D projects: helps define the problem and frame a
- solution, develop a hypothesis, work with execution managers to drive execution of any projects, supporting decision making and organizational learning
- Supports the VP, Strategy and Transformation in helping all Client Executives (CEs) understand Second Decade Bottle Rocket’s (2DBR’s) organizational priorities, shaping the team’s client orientation, knowledge of 2DBR, industry expertise, and client intervention techniques
- Contributes to the mentoring and development of the Client Success team’s ability to think strategically, build business acumen, and do value analysis
- Models preeminent communication and influence skills
- Sets the bar on interpersonal relationship skills, team leadership, and
- cultural attunement and transactional analysis
ORIENTATION TO CLIENTS, CUSTOMERS, TECHNOLOGY & VALUE
The ideal candidate will:
- Have 7-10 years of experience in Strategy/Management Consulting, corporate development, planning & analysis, product development,
- Business Development, Go-to-Market, or as a key leader in an industry that is focused on the formulation and execution of market and/or business strategies where Connected Customers are essential to market leadership
- Have great knowledge of and passion for the Connected Customer
- Be a self-starter and humble individual who can collaborate and
- work well across our several disciplines and drive internal
- commitment and cooperation with key stakeholders
- Have strong communication, writing and presentation skills,
- particularly the ability to develop coherent arguments and present
- them concisely to a range of senior stakeholders
- Have a track record of successfully managing complex cross-
- organizational and cross-functional projects and processed while
- driving to results through influence
- Be able to effectively balance multiple simultaneous priorities and
- deadlines with tight timelines
- Display exceptional quantitative and financial acumen, including
- experience with business P&Ls and balance sheet analysis
- Ability to effectively balance multiple simultaneous priorities and deadlines with tight timelines
- Critical Thinking
- Structured problem solving
- Business judgment
- Attunement and empathy
- Relationship management
- Sensing and visioning
Undergraduate degree required. MBA preferred.