Chief Mobile Architect
Engineering | Addison, TX | Full Time
ABOUT Bottle Rocket:
Bottle Rocket is an award-winning Dallas-based mobile strategy, design, and development company leading top brands like NBCUniversal, Coca-Cola, Starwood Hotels & Resorts, PetSmart, and Mary Kay through mobile innovation. Since 2008, we have developed over 180 (and counting) iPhone, iPad, and Android applications, as well as building experiences for streaming devices, wearables, VR headsets, and connected TV. To us, mobile and innovative technology is more than enhancements in our daily lives. They are game-changing platforms uniting information, entertainment, and enterprise solutions.
As a part of WPP, the world’s largest advertising and marketing services company made up of 150 different companies around the world including companies like Ogilvy & Mather, Young & Rubicam, JWT, Grey, Wunderman, and AKQA, we have the horsepower to expand not only in the industry, but across the world.
ABOUT working for Bottle Rocket:
Bottle Rocket is a rapidly growing mobile development company at the forefront of app revolution. Our team is comprised of mature, self-motivated professionals who bring passion to their craft. We do what it takes to get the job done, but never stop trying to improve ourselves and our services. By day, we sweat the details and build awesome mobile experiences – and our passion doesn’t end there. After hours, we’re those people standing in line for the latest games and technology. Bottle Rocket does not only exceed standards – we set news ones (and have fun while doing it).
We take pride in our employees and their future. We have repeatedly been named the Dallas Business Journal's Best Places to Work, The Dallas Morning News Top 100 Places to Work, and the Inc. 500. Our work has won an unprecedented number of Apple Hall of Fame awards.
We have even been featured on Forbes America’s Most Promising Companies List. And our Founder and CEO was named Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year for our region.
Bottle Rocket will never stop pushing the limits of mobile design, information architecture, and capabilities of the platforms we embrace. We love embracing the impossible in game development, TV Everywhere, enterprise, commerce, publishing, and more. With tens of millions of users interacting with our work every day, Bottle Rocket’s future promises continued growth of both our capacity and capabilities in all areas of our business. We focus on tough problems, improving our work, and creating project plans to release the next award-winning app. If you are passionate about what you do and having fun while doing it, Bottle Rocket may be the place for you.
For more information about our craft, visit bottlerocketstudios.com.
ABOUT This Position: Chief Mobile Architect
Provide architecture and application design oversight for mobile applications, as well as technical mentoring and training to developers. Capable of leading a project from start to finish by working with developers and creative designers to design, develop and test complex applications for mobile devices. Stay on top of technology trends and evangelize within the organization. Work with business development to help clients visualize mobile solutions. This position requires demonstrated expertise in mobile application design and development.
· Overall responsibility for ongoing data architecture for products, custom applications, and Bottle Rocket internal frameworks
· Establish best practices for coding conventions, use of frameworks, open source, code and architecture reviews, testing, builds, repositories
· Monitor and track the latest developments and direction of mobile platforms
· Work closely with other developers to design, develop, test, implement and support new front-end applications, systems and tools
· Provide business development team with technology trend information, assist with new project estimates, and liase with client IT stakeholders as required
· Work with marketing to help evangelize Bottle Rocket engineering through blog posts, community involvement and speaking engagements
· Maintain confidentiality of client credentials, components of statistical work, client documents, proprietary system design and trade secrets.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
· Perform regular architecture reviews and 3rd party code audits
· Provide informal mentoring and formal training to developers on software architecture and design
· May occasionally act as project lead or to help pull a project over the finish line
· Online documentation of software designs and best practices
· Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
· 3+ years of software architecture experience
· 10+ years of object oriented programming
· Expert knowledge of object oriented programming (preferably C# or Java), familiarity with functional programming concepts
· Significant hands-on experience with software design patterns and principles
· Extensive knowledge of mobile platform frameworks and best practices (Android and/or iOS)
· Strong communication skills with a high emphasis on the ability to explain technology in business terms and to express opinions clearly in a straightforward manner
· Self-driven and self-managed, good time management skills
· Ability to make decisions regarding coding trade-offs and knowledge of system design
· Able to work in a fast-paced, very team-oriented environment
· Have a passion for technology and follow industry best practices
· Regular attendance at work is required for successful performance
· Previous development experience with mobile platforms
· Experience defining APIs and Frameworks
· Multiple applications and/or libraries in personal portfolio
· Significant knowledge of Jenkins, BitBucket, git / gitflow, debugging and memory analysis tools
This position has no supervisory responsibilities or direct reports, but is responsible for mentoring and technical leadership over other developers.
Contacts with this Position
Works with all levels within the company as well as clients and potential clients.
· Lifting and carrying up to 10 pounds
· Good hearing and listening
· Clear speech in the English language
· Reach with hands and arms throughout day
· Talk clearly
· Hear within normal range
· Sit for up to 8 hours or more
· Stand, walk, and bend several times per day
•Reading – Complex
•Writing – Complex
•Advanced Math skills
•Good vision with color perception
•Near vision – able to see details at close range
The physical environment requires the team member to work primarily inside. May be requested to work overtime and weekends for special program events.
Required Use of Machinery, Tools, Equipment and Personal Protective Equipment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by team members assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all team members within this class. I understand that the purpose of this job description is to provide the team member with the essentials functions of the position. It is not an employment contract and should not be construed as such. Furthermore, no promise, statement or writing made by a manager may be interpreted to constitute an employment relationship other than “at will.”
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position. This is an accurate description of the essential functions of my position.