Chief Mobile Architect
Engineering | Addison, TX | Full Time
ABOUT Bottle Rocket:
Bottle Rocket is an award-winning Dallas-based mobile strategy, design, and development company leading top brands like NBCUniversal, Coca-Cola, Starwood Hotels & Resorts, PetSmart, and Mary Kay through mobile innovation. Since 2008, we have developed over 180 (and counting) iPhone, iPad, and Android applications, as well as building experiences for streaming devices, wearables, VR headsets, and connected TV. To us, mobile and innovative technology is more than enhancements in our daily lives. They are game-changing platforms uniting information, entertainment, and enterprise solutions.
As a part of WPP, the world’s largest advertising and marketing services company made up of 150 different companies around the world including companies like Ogilvy & Mather, Young & Rubicam, JWT, Grey, Wunderman, and AKQA, we have the horsepower to expand not only in the industry, but across the world.
ABOUT working for Bottle Rocket:
Bottle Rocket is a rapidly growing mobile development company at the forefront of app revolution. Our team is comprised of mature, self-motivated professionals who bring passion to their craft. We do what it takes to get the job done, but never stop trying to improve ourselves and our services. By day, we sweat the details and build awesome mobile experiences – and our passion doesn’t end there. After hours, we’re those people standing in line for the latest games and technology. Bottle Rocket does not only exceed standards – we set news ones (and have fun while doing it).
We take pride in our employees and their future. We have repeatedly been named the Dallas Business Journal's Best Places to Work, The Dallas Morning News Top 100 Places to Work, and the Inc. 500. Our work has won an unprecedented number of Apple Hall of Fame awards.
We have even been featured on Forbes America’s Most Promising Companies List. And our Founder and CEO was named Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year for our region.
Bottle Rocket will never stop pushing the limits of mobile design, information architecture, and capabilities of the platforms we embrace. We love embracing the impossible in game development, TV Everywhere, enterprise, commerce, publishing, and more. With tens of millions of users interacting with our work every day, Bottle Rocket’s future promises continued growth of both our capacity and capabilities in all areas of our business. We focus on tough problems, improving our work, and creating project plans to release the next award-winning app. If you are passionate about what you do and having fun while doing it, Bottle Rocket may be the place for you.
For more information about our craft, visit bottlerocketstudios.com.
ABOUT This Position: Chief Mobile Architect
Design and articulate mobile solutions for clients to help achieve business goals. Track mobile industry technology trends and best practices and share within the organization, plus offer thought leadership externally. Knowledgeable about mobile development standards (Android, iOS, Responsive Web, Mobile Middleware), and familiar with deployment of mobile apps across platforms.
- Track the latest developments and direction of mobile platforms, and provide a point of view for the company. Own the technology roadmap for Bottle Rocket.
- Aware of technology trends and provide a point of view on how they impact mobile – machine learning, IOT, AR/VR, natural language interfaces, etc.
- Assist business development team with new project estimates and drive conversations with client IT stakeholders as required
- Able to translate a client’s business goals into achievable technical strategies and high level requirements, keeping user experience as a top priority
- Work with marketing to provide thought leadership through blog posts, community involvement and speaking engagements
- Evaluate potential candidates for technical partnerships such as mobile SDK’s or technology enablement
- Maintain confidentiality of client credentials, components of statistical work, client documents, proprietary system design and trade secrets
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- When requested, provide mobile consulting services to clients to help establish technology roadmaps.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or related field
- 3+ years of software architecture experience
- 10+ years of object oriented programming
- High level knowledge of mobile platform capabilities, SDK landscape, cross-platform tools and limitations, web technical stacks, available middleware and application platforms, etc.
- Strong communication skills with a high emphasis on the ability to explain technology in business terms and to express opinions clearly
- Understanding of security and compliance and the impact as it relates to mobile and web applications, specifically HIPAA, PCI, DRM, Accessibility
- Knowledgeable about mobile app and web deployments as well as SEO and ASO
- Solutions oriented – ability to creatively solve problems on the fly
- Embrace Bottle Rocket’s maker culture - early adopter / innovator
- Self-driven and self-managed, good time management skills
- Ability to make decisions and drive initiatives to completion
- Able to work in a fast-paced, extremely team-oriented environment
- Have a passion for technology and follow industry best practices
- Regular attendance at work is required for successful performance
- Significant hands-on mobile or web development experience
- Background in software development – understanding of object oriented and functional programming concepts, as well as software design patterns and principles (SOLID, DRY, etc)
- Expert knowledge of software architecture
- Experience defining API’s and Frameworks
- Multiple applications and/or libraries in personal portfolio
- Knowledge of AWS, Jenkins, git / gitflow, and development tools (memory / debugging, static code analysis, testing frameworks)
This position has no supervisory responsibilities or direct reports, but may at times be responsible for kicking off a new project or training/mentoring developers.
Contacts with this Position
Work with all levels within the company including executive leadership. Heavy interaction with clients and potential clients.
- Lifting and carrying up to 10 pounds
- Good hearing and listening
- Clear speech in the English language
- Reach with hands and arms throughout day
- Talk clearly
- Hear within normal range
- Sit for up to 8 hours or more
- Mental/Reasoning Requirements
- Reading – Complex
- Writing – Complex
- Judgment/Decision Making
- Advanced Math skills
- Good vision with color perception
- Near vision – able to see details at close range
The physical environment requires the team member to work primarily inside. May be requested to work overtime and weekends for special program events.
Required Use of Machinery, Tools, Equipment and Personal Protective Equipment
- Personal computer
- Business equipment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by team members assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all team members within this class. I understand that the purpose of this job description is to provide the team member with the essentials functions of the position. It is not an employment contract and should not be construed as such. Furthermore, no promise, statement or writing made by a manager may be interpreted to constitute an employment relationship other than “at will.”
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position. This is an accurate description of the essential functions of my position.