Artist - Games (contract)
Thruster | Addison, TX | Contract
About our beloved company, Bottle Rocket:
Bottle Rocket is dedicated to creating the highest quality iPhone, iPad and Android applications and brand-critical mobile solutions on the planet. We believe exceptionally innovative technology not only enhances the way we do things—it redefines the way we live our lives. To us, iOS and Android are more than sophisticated mobile operating systems—they are game-changing platforms uniting information, instant access and unlimited range to create entertainment and enterprise solutions.
We are a rapidly growing mobile strategy, design and development company at the forefront of the app revolution. We literally started the morning after Steve Jobs’ keynote announcing the iPhone SDK and months before the Apple App Store was even launched. In that time we have grown to a team of over 180 smart, passionate, hard-working Rocketeers and released over 150 high-profile, premium brand-critical mobile experiences for companies like History Channel, American Express, Discovery, ESPN, LEGO, Food Network, WWE, PBS, National Geographic, Coke, NBC Universal, NPR, Chick-fil-A and Starwood Hotels & Resorts, as well extremely popular games such as Rockpocalypse and Annoying Orange: Kitchen Carnage. Our apps have been Emmy nominated, won multiple Tabby, Webby and Media Vanguard Awards, are regularly featured in the press and have been awarded more Apple Hall of Fame Awards than any other company. Our work is used by tens of millions of delighted users every day to connect with the information, brands and entertainment they love. But this is just the tip of the iceberg.
Now, let’s talk about what it’s like to have a career at Bottle Rocket:
We will never stop pushing the envelope of design, architecture and the capabilities of the platforms we embrace. Our future promises continued growth of both our capacity and capabilities in all areas of our business from strategy, creative, engineering, quality assurance, project management, account management and administration and across our core custom design and development divisions (if you can dream it, we can build it) as well our specialty divisions focusing on game development, TV Everywhere, enterprise, commerce, publishing and more. If you choose to get to know Bottle Rocket better, you’ll learn that we are a values-driven business where things like “embrace the impossible”, “take your craft personally” and “serve the user” really mean something. If you visit our studio the first thing you’ll feel is passion. The next is energy and excitement. You’ll see Rocketeers debating design issues at whiteboards on nearly every wall, focusing on tough problems in complex code, leading client meetings with the world’s top brands, conducting user testing to find areas to improve our work and creating project plans to release the next award-winning app. You’ll see a 100% Mac laptop environment (either 15” MacBook Pro Retina or 13” Mac Air), electric height-adjustable desks on wheels, seriously robust Wi-Fi, hundreds of test devices available for checkout, bean bags, booths and 27” Apple Cinema Displays on every desk.
With all of this comes another big challenge, embracing the impossible. Bottle Rocket consistently does what other companies can’t. But this is only possible because of our passion. We know and love the iPhone, iPad and Android unlike anyone else. We’re those people who stood in line for the newest model. We value aesthetics, UI and UEX. We build awesome applications that serve the user and not only exceed standards, but set new ones. We sweat the details.
And now we are part of WPP, the world's largest advertising and marketing services company made up of 150 different companies around the world with more than 165,000 employees over 3,000 offices in 110 countries including giants of industry like Ogilvy & Mather, Young & Rubicam, JWT, Grey, Wunderman and AKQA. The partnership is amazing and provides the horsepower for Bottle Rocket to expand its impact not only in the industry, but also across the globe.
So, what do you think? Sound like just the thing you’ve been looking for? If so, don’t hesitate, apply now…
ABOUT This Position:
ARTIST - GAMES
- Helping in the creation of the visual language for an app
- Concepting and visual design for iPhone, iPad and other mobile platform apps
- Translating design and requirements documents into User Interface Prototypes using a variety of tools and software
- Work with team to create UI designs, information architecture documents, intuitive app flows and use case testing
- Graphic production - create art assets for iPhone, iPad and other mobile apps
- Design and creation of custom controls, icons, buttons, interfaces, etc.
- Design and creation of game assets
- Animation of game assets
- Pencil sketches (hand skills are a plus)
- MUST have created concepts from scratch (and be able to share them with us)
- MUST have Photoshop skills
- MUST have working knowledge of 3D art
- MUST provide a link to online portfolio or jpegs of work you have created.
- MUST be able to manage timelines, work on multiple projects at once, enjoy diversity of work, enjoy challenges
- Passionate about games
- Solid knowledge of art pipelines and production methods
- Solid knowledge of HCI, navigation and usability for UI design
- Designed multiple mobile apps that we can see in the app store
- 3D modeling/animation experience
- Flash experience
- Unity 3D experience
- Video production experience
- HTML, CSS and other web production skills for occasional web design work
Learn more about this job and other technical, creative, quality assurance and project management openings at http://www.bottlerocketapps.com/careers