Art Director (temporary/contract)
User Experience | Addison, TX | Temporary
Bottle Rocket offers a uniquely entrepreneurial, yet supportive culture, where ideas can come from anywhere and execution is everything. Our team is seeking talented Visual Designers to join us in creating mobile experiences for some of the most recognized brands in the world. Your role will touch all phases of the creative process on current work and new business initiatives.
Working closely with a team of very skilled engineers and strategists, you will visually craft everything from native apps, web experiences and wearables to the future of television. Broadly speaking, you will be the voice of our clients’ brands and a guide to their users. On a day-to-day basis that may mean defining the visual language for new products, creating prototypes of new experiences, delivering assets to engineering, crafting iconography, or collaborating on strategic decisions.
You should have a design background in both digital and print, and be prepared to bring cutting-edge design and media thinking to the table. Experience in mobile and web design strongly preferred.
Title: Art Director (temporary)
- Distilling broad strategic direction into functional, beautiful design.
- Handling a breadth of visual design work from interface to branding.
- Collaborating on the user experience for large projects from concepting through completion and measurement.
- Articulating design solutions through sketches, wireframes, flows, prototypes, and other design artifacts.
- Working in close partnership with engineering to determine the best way a design can be implemented.
- Creating design deliverables for engineering and supporting implementation.
- Taking ownership of and leading projects by estimating effort, defining deliverables, and communicating progress.
- Able to manage and plan work autonomously.
- Able to handle complex design problems.
- Capable of presenting work clearly with constructive debate.
- Experience working with engineering teams.
- Knowledge of iOS and Android design patterns.
- Comfortable with Sketch and Adobe products.
- Comfortable prototyping experiences using tools like framer.js, Origami, Flinto or After Effects.
- Able to demonstrate a personal perspective on aesthetics related to art, design and technology.
- 5+ years design experience.
- Combination of in-house and agency experience preferred.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in design.
- Successfully shipped apps to the App Store or Google Play.