Art Director - Senior Design Professional
User Experience | Dallas, TX
About Bottle Rocket:
Bottle Rocket is dedicated to creating high quality iPhone, iPad and Android applications. We believe exceptionally innovative technology not only enhances the way we do things - it redefines the way we live our lives. To us, the iPhone is more than a sophisticated phone; it’s a game-changing platform uniting information, instant access and unlimited range to create entertainment and enterprise solutions.
We are a rapidly growing mobile development company at the forefront of the app revolution. We have developed and released over 50 high profile, interesting apps for companies like NPR, PBS, Discovery Channel, Disney, American Express, AARP, Bravo, ESPN, SPIN Magazine, BET, History Channel, as well extremely popular games such as Doodle Bomb and Annoying Orange Kitchen Carnage. Our apps are regularly featured in the press and have received critical acclaim. We estimate that over 15 million people use the apps we have built. These apps are just the tip of the iceberg. We continue to push the envelope of design and architecture and have literally dozens of new projects you may find very interesting.
If you are interested in more than just a 9-to-5 job, are excited by working on a team of committed individuals, and want to make a difference in a young organization, then this is the place for you! This position is not about years of experience, industry background, or academics. It is about building great products, building great teams, and being excited about going to work every day!
We offer competitive salaries and have a full range of benefits including medical, dental and vision. We are a successful business and one of the most experienced app developers in the market. Come join us!
- Concepting and visual design for iPhone, iPad and other mobile platform apps
- Translating design and requirements documents into User Interface Prototypes using a variety of tools and software
- Work with team to create UI designs, information architecture documents, intuitive app flows and use case testing
- Involvement in all phases of project lifecycle including requirements gathering, user analysis, IA, GUI design, testing and implementation
- Graphic production - create art assets for iPhone, iPad and other mobile apps
- Design and creation of custom controls, icons, buttons, interfaces, etc.
- Work directly with large customers
- Pencil sketches (hand skills are a plus)
- MUST have created concepts from scratch
- MUST have extreme Photoshop skills (expert or close to it)
- MUST have solid knowledge of HCI, navigation and usability for UI design
- MUST have mobile or interactive UI design experience and be able to show work
- MUST own an iPhone (and have owned it at least a year)
- MUST provide a link to online portfolio or jpegs of work you have created.
- MUST be able to show your Photoshop files so we understand how you organize your layers, naming conventions, etc.
- MUST have extensive experience with creating graphics for low bandwidth distribution
- MUST be a Mac user
- MUST enjoy diversity
- MUST be able to manage timelines, work on multiple projects at once, enjoy diversity of work, enjoy challenges
- Designed multiple mobile apps that we can see in the app store
- 3D modeling/animation experience
- Flash experience
- Unity 3D experience
- Video production experience
- Held/hold a current Art Director or Creative Director level role in a creative/design/development company
- HTML, CSS and other web production skills for occasional web design work
- Word Press experience
- Stood in line to get your iPhone or iPad