Art Director - Games
Thruster | Addison, TX | Full Time
About Bottle Rocket:
Bottle Rocket is dedicated to creating handcrafted iPhone, iPad and Android apps for the world's most discriminating brands. We believe exceptionally innovative technology not only enhances the way we do things - it redefines the way we live our lives. We are a remarkable team of dreamers, thinkers, makers and doers with unparalleled experience and a relentless passion for pushing the limits of mobile.
About Working for Bottle Rocket:
We are a rapidly growing mobile development company at the forefront of the app revolution. We have developed and released over 90 high profile, award-winning apps for companies like NPR, Discovery Channel, Disney, BET, American Express, AARP, Bravo, ESPN, SPIN Magazine, History Channel, as well extremely popular games such as Doodle Bomb and Annoying Orange Kitchen Carnage. Our apps often top the charts and win much-coveted industry awards like the People’s Voice Award at The Webbys, SPD Awards’ Tablet App of the Year and Variety’s Entertainment App Developer of the Year. We recently had our fourth app inducted into the Apple Hall of Fame, more than any other app developer. Bottle Rocket was also named one of The Dallas Morning News’ Top Places to Work in 2012.
Of course, such high visibility and growth comes with its own challenges. Our services are in such high demand that we need the most talented individuals, such as yourself, to continue to grow our brand, our organization, and our skill set. We can offer you as much challenge as you can handle! We have been wildly successful because we work hard for our clients, our end users, and for each other. We have staffed our teams with "A" players that do not accept anything less than the best from themselves and each other. This allows us to continually improve our work, our processes, and our vision.
About This Position:
ART DIRECTOR - GAMES
If you are interested in more than just a 9–to–5 job, are excited by working with a team of committed individuals, and want to make a difference in a young organization, then this is the place for you! This position is not about years of experience, industry background, or academics. It is about building great products, building great teams, and being excited about going to work every day!
We offer competitive salaries and have a full range of benefits including medical, dental and vision. We are a successful business and one of the most experienced app developers in the market. Come join us!
- Creating and maintaining the visual language for an app
- Concepting and visual design for iPhone, iPad and other mobile platform apps
- Translating design and requirements documents into User Interface Prototypes using a variety of tools and software
- Work with team to create UI designs, information architecture documents, intuitive app flows and use case testing
- Involvement in all phases of project lifecycle including requirements gathering, user analysis, IA, GUI design, testing and implementation
- Graphic production - create art assets for iPhone, iPad and other mobile apps
- Design and creation of custom controls, icons, buttons, interfaces, etc.
- Work directly with large customers
- Pencil sketches (hand skills are a plus)
- MUST have created concepts from scratch (and be able to share them with us)
- MUST have extreme Photoshop skills (expert or close to it)
- MUST have working knowledge of 3D art
- MUST have mobile or interactive UI design experience and be able to show work
- MUST provide a link to online portfolio or jpegs of work you have created.
- MUST be able to show your Photoshop files so we understand how you organize your layers, naming conventions, etc.
- MUST have extensive experience with creating graphics for low bandwidth distribution
- MUST be able to manage timelines, work on multiple projects at once, enjoy diversity of work, enjoy challenges
- Solid knowledge of art pipelines and production methods
- Solid knowledge of HCI, navigation and usability for UI design
- Designed multiple mobile apps that we can see in the app store
- 3D modeling/animation experience
- Flash experience
- Unity 3D experience
- Video production experience
- Held/hold a current Art Director or Creative Director level role in a creative/design/development company
- HTML, CSS and other web production skills for occasional web design work
- Word Press experience
- Stood in line to get your iPhone or iPad