Thruster | Addison, TX | Full Time
About Bottle Rocket:
Bottle Rocket is dedicated to creating high quality iPhone, iPad and Android applications. We believe exceptionally innovative technology not only enhances the way we do things—it redefines the way we live our lives. To us, iOS and Android are more than sophisticated mobile operating system—they are game-changing platforms uniting information, instant access and unlimited range to create entertainment and enterprise solutions.
About Working for Bottle Rocket:
We are a rapidly growing mobile development company at the forefront of the app revolution. We have developed and released over 60 high profile, premium brand experience apps for companies like NPR, PBS, Discovery Channel, Disney, American Express, AARP, Bravo, ESPN, SPIN Magazine, BET, A&E Television and the National Science Foundation, as well extremely popular games such as Doodle Bomb and Annoying Orange: Kitchen Carnage. Our apps are regularly featured in the press and have received critical acclaim. We estimate that over 15 million people use the apps we have built. These apps are just the tip of the iceberg. We continue to push the envelope of design and architecture and have literally dozens of new projects you may find very interesting.
Of course, such high visibility and growth comes with its own challenges. Our services are in such high demand that we need the most talented individuals, such as yourself, to continue to grow our brand, our organization, and our skill sets. We can offer you as much challenge as you can handle! We have been wildly successful because we work hard for our clients, our end users, and for each other. We have staffed our teams with "A" players that do not accept anything less than the best from themselves and each other. This allows us to continually improve our work, our processes, and our vision.
About This Position:
Thruster is looking for talented Art Directors to help inspire and lead the visualization process for our growing portfolio of mobile games. If you are passionate about emotional design, quality and attention to detail… and want to be a part of imagining some great mobile games, we want to talk with you!
If you are interested in more than just a 9–to–5 job, are excited by working with a team of committed individuals, and want to make a difference in a young organization, then this is the place for you! This position is not about years of experience, industry background, or academics. It is about building great products, building great teams, and being excited about going to work every day!
We offer competitive salaries and have a full range of benefits including medical, dental and vision. We are a successful business and one of the most experienced app developers in the market. Come join us!
- Help define and lead all visual aspects of the project.
- Establish the art production pipeline, document visual standards.
- Give direction to 3D Artists and Animators to ensure the design and vision of the project are met.
- 4+ years experience in the game industry as an Art Director or comparable experience
- Full understanding of the game production design process
- Must demonstrate continuity in design and ability to craft stories through imagery
- Ability to work quickly and troubleshoot complex problems efficiently
- Effectively communicate with art staff, developers, project managers and producers
- Must have examples / portfolio of current and past work demonstrating your expertise in the field
- Must be able to work proficiently on the Mac platform
- Must own an iPhone, iPod touch, iPad or Android smartphone / tablet (and have owned it at least a year)
- Experience with art pipelines utilizing Unity3d and Maya
- Experience with UX / UI on mobile platforms
- Art Director role on shipped mobile games for the iOS or Android platforms
- Traditional art skills like sketching, illustration, photography