Administration | Addison, TX | Contract
About Bottle Rocket:
Bottle Rocket is dedicated to creating handcrafted iPhone, iPad and Android apps for the world's most discriminating brands. We believe exceptionally innovative technology not only enhances the way we do things - it redefines the way we live our lives. We are a remarkable team of dreamers, thinkers, makers and doers with unparalleled experience and a relentless passion for pushing the limits of mobile.
About Working for Bottle Rocket:
We are a rapidly growing mobile development company at the forefront of the app revolution. We have developed and released over 90 high profile, award-winning apps for companies like NPR, Discovery Channel, Disney, BET, American Express, AARP, Bravo, ESPN, SPIN Magazine, History Channel, as well extremely popular games such as Doodle Bomb and Annoying Orange Kitchen Carnage. Our apps often top the charts and win much-coveted industry awards like the People’s Voice Award at The Webbys, SPD Awards’ Tablet App of the Year and Variety’s Entertainment App Developer of the Year. We recently had our fourth app inducted into the Apple Hall of Fame, more than any other app developer. Bottle Rocket was also named one of The Dallas Morning News’ Top Places to Work in 2012.
Of course, such high visibility and growth comes with its own challenges. Our services are in such high demand that we need the most talented individuals, such as yourself, to continue to grow our brand, our organization, and our skill set. We can offer you as much challenge as you can handle! We have been wildly successful because we work hard for our clients, our end users, and for each other. We have staffed our teams with "A" players that do not accept anything less than the best from themselves and each other. This allows us to continually improve our work, our processes, and our vision.
About This Position:
The Accounting Clerk will report to and be responsible for assisting our Controller with daily tasks such as but not limited to receivables, payables and bookkeeping. This is a 40 hour per week 3 month contract with option to extend.
- Bookkeeping, entry of payables, receivables, sales, deposits, reconciliations, reporting and analysis
- Maintain a fixed assets schedule
- Knowledge of Quickbooks, especially quickbooks online
- Process daily invoices
- Perform heavy data entry with a strong focus on attention to detail
- Audit employee expense reports
- Determine proper general ledger coding for invoices when needed
- Reconciliation and analysis of large invoices/vendor statements
- Obtain appropriate approval to pay invoices
- Investigate and resolve issues that arise with the processing of invoices/check requests and purchase orders
- Research, analyze, and resolve payment and vendor issues in a timely and professional manner
- Support requests for payment information and invoice copies as required (research, audits, tax filings, etc.)
- Maintain accurate, efficient filing system for all Accounts Payable documents
- Sort, date stamp, and distribute mail received via US Mail and from AP email box
- Reconcile Travel and Purchase card statements
- 3 – 5 years in an Accounting Clerk role or perfoming like duties