Accounting Clerk (contract)
Administration | Addison, TX | Contract
ABOUT Bottle Rocket:
Bottle Rocket is dedicated to creating high quality iPhone, iPad and Android applications. We believe exceptionally innovative technology not only enhances the way we do things - it redefines the way we live our lives. To us, iOS and Android are more than sophisticated mobile operating systems - they are game-changing platforms uniting information, instant access and unlimited range to create entertainment and enterprise solutions.
ABOUT working for Bottle Rocket:
We are a rapidly growing mobile development company at the forefront of the app revolution. We are on the Dallas Business Journal's Best Places to Work, The Dallas Morning News Top 100 Places to Work, repeatedly made the Inc. 500, and our owner was named Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year for our region. We have developed and released over 100 high profile, premium brand experience apps for companies like A&E Television, American Express, Discovery Channel, ESPN, Food Network, National Geographic, NBC Universal, NPR, SPIN Magazine, and Starwood Hotels & Resorts, as well extremely popular games such as Doodle Bomb and Annoying Orange: Kitchen Carnage. Our apps are regularly featured in the press and have received critical acclaim. We estimate that over 15 million people use the apps we have built. These apps are just the tip of the iceberg. We continue to push the envelope of design and architecture and have literally dozens of new projects you may find very interesting.
Of course, such high visibility and growth comes with its own challenges. Our services are in such high demand that we need the most talented individuals, such as yourself, to continue to grow our brand, our organization, and our skill set. We can offer you as much challenge as you can handle! We have been wildly successful because we work hard for our clients, our end users, and for each other. We have staffed our teams with "A" players that do not accept anything less than the best from themselves and each other. This allows us to continually improve our work, our processes, and our vision.
ABOUT this position:
The Accounting Clerk will report to and be responsible for assisting our Controller with daily tasks such as but not limited to receivables, payables and bookkeeping. This is a temporary, contractor position (with hours per week to be decided after assessment of candidate skills). We are a successful business and one of the most experienced app developers in the market.
- Bookkeeping, entry of payables, receivables, sales, deposits, reconciliations, reporting and analysis
- Process a high volume of invoices daily
- Perform heavy data entry with a strong focus on attention to detail
- Audit employee expense reports
- Determine proper general ledger coding for invoices when needed
- Reconciliation and analysis of large invoices/vendor statements
- Obtain appropriate approval to pay invoices
- Investigate and resolve issues that arise with the processing of invoices/check requests and purchase orders
- Research, analyze, and resolve complex payment and vendor issues in a timely and professional manner
- Support requests for payment information and invoice copies as required (research, audits, tax filings, etc.)
- Maintain accurate, efficient filing system for all Accounts Payable documents
- Sort, date stamp, and distribute mail received via US Mail and from AP email box
- Reconcile Travel and Purchase card statements
- Maintaining fixed and depreciable asset schedules
- 3 – 5 years in an Accounting Clerk role or perfoming like duties
• Long-time Mac user
Learn more about this job and other technical, creative, quality assurance and project management openings at http://www.bottlerocketapps.com