Business Development | Addison, TX | Full Time
About Bottle Rocket:
Bottle Rocket is recognized as one of the world's leading full service developers of mission-critical, premium applications for the Apple iPhone and iPad. We have released more than 35 iPhone and iPad apps to date under our own brand and for major corporate customers such as NPR, Disney, American Express, PBS and AARP. We are a full service developer, providing our customers with a consultative approach to finding app-based solutions to their business needs, then delivering those solutions through a structured development methodology from the idea stage through design, development, testing, release, and ongoing maintenance and support.
At Bottle Rocket, we believe that exceptionally innovative technology not only enhances the way we do things; it redefines the way we live our lives. To us, the iPhone and iPad are more than sophisticated gimmicks: they are game-changing platforms uniting information, instant access and unlimited range to create entertainment and enterprise solutions.
About Working for Bottle Rocket:
We do not use Windows machines. We are a 100% Mac organization. We all know the iPhone and iPad inside and out and have owned iPhones since they first came out. We're very positive minded and don't get along with people who aren't. We work as a team. We're mature, self-driven professionals who bring our past experience to the table and check our egos at the door. We love our craft and do what it takes to get the job done. We believe in accountability and sometimes find ourselves catching up on work in the evening and weekends. We build excellent applications with only the highest standards. We value aesthetics and UI. We work hard and have fun doing it. We are passionate about the iPhone and iPad and believe mobile is the most important platform, period.
As an Account Executive for Bottle Rocket, you will own and orchestrate the sales process for leads assigned to you from prospect qualification through close, while communicating with company leadership team on progress, priorities, obstacles and resolutions. While you will report to the Director of Business Development, you will also work directly with the company's development, creative and project management teams as needed to formulate solutions for your prospects and clients.
Your specific reponsibilities will include:
- Assessing and understanding client needs as communicated verbally or through RFPs/RFIs, and crafting appropriate solutions
- Preparing technical proposals including detailed SOWs
- Preparing and professionally delivering formal and informal presentations to key prospects
- Negotiating and closing all phases of engagements, including review and preparation of NDAs and development agreements
- Managing relationships with existing clients to identify new business opportunities
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university
- 2-5 years experience selling software or technology solutions, with a quantifiable record of success
- Ability to consistently achieve or exceed set sales goals
- Familiarity with technical concepts and processes related to software development
- Exceptional phone, written and interpersonal skills
- Energetic, upbeat, highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Obsessively organized and capable of handling several projects simultaneously
- Resourceful and curious individual with a sharp intellect and the ability to pick things up quickly
- MUST be a Mac user
- MUST own an iPhone (and have owned it at least a year)
- Prior software development experience (any platform or language)
- Previous experience working in an entrepreneurial small company environment
- Own and have experience with iPad
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel for Mac, and Apple Pages & Keynote