Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
BoostCTR is an enterprise solution for optimizing ad creative at scale across Search, Social, Display & Mobile.
Boost increases advertiser profitability by using a combination of humans and software to drive increased ad relevance at scale. The Boost marketplace is comprised of over 1,000 expert copywriters and image optimizers who compete to provide a diverse array of perspectives. Boost’s proprietary software identifies opportunities for optimization and drives performance using a combination of workflow tools and algorithms.
The Company focuses on optimizing for enterprise advertisers and generates substantial improvements in conversions-per-impression for customers. Today, Boost is trusted to drive optimization and insights for over $300 million in advertising spend across networks and premium publisher sites such as Google, Microsoft+Yahoo Bing Ads and Facebook.
BoostCTR is seeking for a qualified Engineer for Systems and Network Technical Operations. The ideal candidate will be expected to provide systems and event management. He/she will demonstrate a strong knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems and have experience with participating in operational support for a large-scale enterprise environment. A love for working with new technologies and pushing the envelope on existing technology is required.
TechOps Support Engineers are expected to build or enhance tools, develop best practices, and think proactively. We are continually improving how we our measure and monitor our services to ensure high availability and performance.
- Providing service for internal and external customers
- Internal and external DNS management
- Load balancer configuration
- Virtualization (Xen, VM Ware, Etc…)
- Host Provisioning
- Troubleshooting of host issues, including operating system and application interaction
- Troubleshooting of server-side networking/connectivity issues
- Troubleshooting of critical first-tier systems issues during high-impact events, including participation in conference calls
- Mentoring of more junior staff in system administration, including involvement in the formulation of a structured training plan
- Automation of select systems administration tasks through creation and maintenance of scripts and tools
- Provide monitoring support for all tier one customer-facing services
- Diagnosis of large-scale events Collaboration with level two and level-three resolvers
- Identification and troubleshooting of recurring platform issues. Escalation of same to mid- and senior-level engineering teams for full resolution
- Engagement of disparate resolver teams to resolve application/platform interaction issues
- Creation of documentation and process regarding recurring issues, new standard operating procedures, knowledge transfer material, etc.
Must have strong knowledge of the windows and Linux operating sysems and basic knowledge of networking concepts. Excellent troubleshooting skills and a proven documentation methodology is also required. Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to interact well with peers and customers.
A degree in Computer Science or at least three years' relevant experience in a large-scale technical operations environment is preferred.