Senior Platform Engineer
Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
BoostCTR is an enterprise solution for optimizing ad creative at scale across Search, Social, Display & Mobile.
Boost increases advertiser profitability by using a combination of humans and software to drive increased ad relevance at scale. The Boost marketplace is comprised of over 1,000 expert copywriters and image optimizers who compete to provide a diverse array of perspectives. Boost’s proprietary software identifies opportunities for optimization and drives performance using a combination of workflow tools and algorithms.
The Company focuses on optimizing for enterprise advertisers and generates substantial improvements in conversions-per-impression for customers. Today, Boost is trusted to drive optimization and insights for over $300 million in advertising spend across networks and premium publisher sites such as Google, Microsoft+Yahoo Bing Ads and Facebook.
This position works with Product Managers and the Platform development team to deliver successful solutions. This role will work to implement requirements defined by Product Management with a combination of system architecture and programming skills.
- Analyze requirements and design and implement solutions for our web application platform.
- Innovate and create new, out-of-the-box solutions for existing pain points and new projects.
- Enhance, maintain, and support existing web platform components.
- Manage technical aspects of platform modules belonging to larger projects.
- Write design and other documents, unit tests and user documentation.
- Work with QA team to develop capacity, integration and regression test cases.
- Debug and fix platform application and framework defects.
- Create tools to facilitate troubleshooting and resolve site issues quickly.
- Represent Platform Engineering team in cross functional meetings.
- Mentor junior engineering team members.
Some of the responsibilities will include (but are not limited to): Designing solutions, creating prototypes, writing and testing scripts, and deploying the solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related discipline.
- Minimum 5 years development experience on Java/.NET/PHP.
- Skilled in integration approaches and strategies, preferably someone who has done work involving web services (XML, SOAP, WSDL), messaging.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to translate user requirements into technical solutions, resolve escalated development/troubleshooting issues, and get the final delivery done according to time constraints.
- Ability to quickly master new technologies.
- Ability to work independently.
- Experience with Rules engines such as Drools
- Experience with message queues such as BeanstalkD