Front End Software Engineer
Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
BoostCTR is an enterprise solution for optimizing ad creative at scale across Search, Social, Display & Mobile.
Boost increases advertiser profitability by using a combination of humans and software to drive increased ad relevance at scale. The Boost marketplace is comprised of over 1,000 expert copywriters and image optimizers who compete to provide a diverse array of perspectives. Boost’s proprietary software identifies opportunities for optimization and drives performance using a combination of workflow tools and algorithms.
The Company focuses on optimizing for enterprise advertisers and generates substantial improvements in conversions-per-impression for customers. Today, Boost is trusted to drive optimization and insights for over $300 million in advertising spend across networks and premium publisher sites such as Google, Microsoft+Yahoo Bing Ads and Facebook.
BoostCTR is recruiting a Front End Software Engineer to help build out our text and image optimization platform for both AdWords and Facebook advertisers. This role would report to the Engineering Manager and be involved in design and coding. The coding will range from C# and MySQL, and API integrations to UI/UX design and everything in between. We are looking for an engineer who wants to have a role in the product development and not just take specs and code to them. We are looking for someone that can not only work across all parts of the system but actually design and build new ones.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in Software
- Leads and participates in small to large-scale projects
- Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design
- Leads the work of other small groups of four to six engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- Provides support to the business
- Troubleshoots business and production issues
- To work collaboratively with the team, creating innovative solutions to difficult problems faced by a (very) large market.
- Adopt development methodologies and pride in product ownership, resulting in quality, efficient code -- all the while maintaining a fast, iterative pace.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5 years experience building scalable ecommerce applications or mobile software.
- Knowledge of all browser types and their various idiosyncrasies.
- Understanding of basic software development methodologies including SCRUM and coding standards.
- Experience with LAMP stack.
- Comfortable working with Linux, Max OS/X and Windows.
- Accurate prediction of your own task completion timelines.
- An innate urgency to complete projects on time and with high quality.
- Open communicator and can jump in (if appropriate) to help other team members.
- Strong customer focus and obsession with quality.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Proficiency with Node.js, web services, CSS3, AJAX, MVC and ExtJS.
- Experience with Java (Spring, MVC, Hibernate), PHP (Zend, Yii) or C#.
- Experience with Amazon Cloud Services.
- Experience with XML and XSLT.
- Flex or Flash experience is a plus.