Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
BoostCTR is an enterprise solution for optimizing ad creative at scale across Search, Social, Display & Mobile.
Boost increases advertiser profitability by using a combination of humans and software to drive increased ad relevance at scale. The Boost marketplace is comprised of over 1,000 expert copywriters and image optimizers who compete to provide a diverse array of perspectives. Boost’s proprietary software identifies opportunities for optimization and drives performance using a combination of workflow tools and algorithms.
The Company focuses on optimizing for enterprise advertisers and generates substantial improvements in conversions-per-impression for customers. Today, Boost is trusted to drive optimization and insights for over $300 million in advertising spend across networks and premium publisher sites such as Google, Microsoft+Yahoo Bing Ads and Facebook.
This is primarily a MySQL DBA role largely responsible for providing operational database administration and maintenance services to the organization. BoostCTR is looking to fill a critical need to have a highly competent and highly motivated individual in this role. This is a production DBA role; as such it will require a commitment on your part as well as ours. Some of the primary responsibilities of this role would include owning, tracking and resolving database related incidents and requests, reviewing service related reports (e.g: database backups, maintenance, monitoring) on a daily basis to ensure service related issues are identified and resolved, responding to database related alerts and escalations and developing solutions to recurring problems.
This DBA role requires a service oriented mentality, high sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned, focus on managing and resolving issues, establishing and maintaining communication with technology customers to keep them updated with status of their requests, initiating and performing changes on production systems and proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes.
This role requires good communication skills. If you have a blog then please pass along the URL so we can review your work.
We are looking for a person that has:
- Experience with Database Administration for MySQL.
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems.
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MySQL.
- Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts.
- Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics.
- Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory and proper disk configurations.
- Experience working with Linux.
- Experience with Amazon Cloud Services.
- Good communication and documentation skills.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
Preferred candidates would also meet the following criteria:
- Involvement with the MySQL Community.
- Certification is a plus.
- Previous experience in either a teaching or volunteer role.
- Experience with other relational and NoSQL database technologies a big plus.