Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
BoostCTR is an enterprise solution for optimizing ad creative at scale across Search, Social, Display & Mobile.
Boost increases advertiser profitability by using a combination of humans and software to drive increased ad relevance at scale. The Boost marketplace is comprised of over 1,000 expert copywriters and image optimizers who compete to provide a diverse array of perspectives. Boost’s proprietary software identifies opportunities for optimization and drives performance using a combination of workflow tools and algorithms.
The Company focuses on optimizing for enterprise advertisers and generates substantial improvements in conversions-per-impression for customers. Today, Boost is trusted to drive optimization and insights for over $300 million in advertising spend across networks and premium publisher sites such as Google, Microsoft+Yahoo Bing Ads and Facebook.
BoostCTR is looking for a Data Engineer with the tool set to not only build data warehouses and pipelines to efficiently and reliably move data across systems, but also to research or build the next generation of data tools to enable us to take full advantage of this data. In this role, your work will broadly influence the company's data consumers and analysts.
This role requires excellent problem solving, communication, and decision making skills. If you have a blog then please pass along the URL so we can review your work.
- Build data expertise and own data quality for the awesome pipelines you build
- Architect, build and launch new data models that provide intuitive analytics to your customers
- Design, build and launch extremely efficient & reliable data pipelines to move data (both large and small amounts) to Data Warehouse
- Design and develop new systems and tools to enable folks to consume and understand data faster
- You have developed applications within the LAMP Stack environment
- Work across multiple teams in high visibility roles and own the solution end-to-end
- 2+ years of C#, PHP, or Python development experience is necessary.
- 2+ years of MySQL experience is required.
- 2+ years of LAMP stack development experience is necessary
- 5+ years of experience with dimensional data modeling & schema design in Data Warehouses
- 5+ years of experience building web applications and expert knowledge of web technologies (HTML/CSS/JS)
- Experience building data warehouses (Redshift, Vertica)
- Ability to write well-abstracted, reusable code components.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to identify and communicate data driven insights
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
Preferred candidates would also meet the following criteria:
- Unmistakable passion for elegant and intuitive data model designs.
- Experience working with either a Map Reduce or a MPP system on any size/scale.
- Involvement with the Open Source Community.
- Experience with one or more scripting languages.
- Understanding of distrinbuted log processing techniques.
- Experience with reporting and visualization tools.
- Track record of working with product managers, account, and executive staff.