IT Operations Administrator II
Information Technology | Cliffton Park, NY | Full Time
The IT Operations Administrator has the following primary areas of responsibility:
- Helpdesk support services for the Bobrick Eastern Division (BED) facility and the Bobrick UK customer service office.
- IT operations with a focus on ensuring that production and disaster recovery applications and data are regularly monitored and issues promptly reported and addressed
This position requires knowledge and experience with Microsoft/Windows PC hardware and software, Microsoft server side knowledge of Active Directory and networking fundamentals including DNS, and network DHCP. Also required is working knowledge of ITIL IT Operations practices and processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor and keep up to date the Helpdesk tickets and resolve each ticket in a timely manner escalating higher level issues in a timely manner
- Install, connect to the network and maintain all computer hardware including PCs, laptops, tablets, printers, data collection devices and telephones
- Install and maintain computer software on users’ devices such as Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite, Antivirus and Malware protection
- Conduct user training on approved software and hardware on an as required basis
- Participate in Branch IT Coordinator meetings and complete all assigned tasks
- Monitor data circuit(s) status and liaise with telcom vendors to address degraded services or outages
- Perform infrastructure maintenance tasks such as applying updates and patches, adjusting server resources to meet workloads, monitoring of logs for anomalous conditions and regularly verify that file server and other non-transactional data is backed up as scheduled
- Assist Infrastructure team with troubleshooting, problem resolution and upgrades with Exchange, SharePoint, Citrix, Active Directory and other corporate applications.
- Ensure departmental procedures and documentation related to IT Operations are maintained
- Provide IT Operations performance reporting data as required
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or a business related field desired
- 5 to 10 years of corporate IT experience in a medium to large business with knowledge and experience in ticketing systems addressing PC and peripherals related installation and issue resolution.
- Microsoft MCSE, ITIL v3, VMware VCP and Cisco CCNP certifications a plus
- Familiarity with Lenovo hardware, Windows 10 and Office365 suite a plus
Additional experience as follows:
- Solarwinds asset monitoring and reporting software including adding or removing and changing reporting thresholds and building dashboards
- Microsoft DPM including configuring, managing and auditing for enterprise-wide data protection
- Active Directory user management implementation, administration and auditing
- Exchange/Office365 administration
- Microsoft Windows server and Windows 10 patch planning and roll out in WSUS environment
- Vendor response coordination to hardware and other IT Operations related failures
- Failover testing of redundant infrastructure systems/resources
- Audits of infrastructure and server resources; health, configuration and updates (firmware and other)
- IT Operations change control compliance
- Operations procedures creation, maintenance and compliance