FACILITIES AND SAFETY SUPERVISOR
Manufacturing | North Hollywood, CA | Full Time
The successful candidate will oversee the company’s facility operations, manage staff, manage office moves and manage janitorial duties; all while remaining in compliance with local, state and federal regulations. The Facilities and Safety Supervisor is responsible for inspecting, maintaining and repairing mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and HVAC systems to ensure optimal operating results. Additional responsibilities include: enforcing health and safety policy and ensuring compliance with all regulations pertaining to Health, Safety, and Fire Prevention.
TYPICAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for directing and overseeing all functions of the organization associated with facilities maintenance and production equipment. Schedules and supervises all employees working on the maintenance of buildings, grounds and systems that maintain the operation.
- Analyzes and determines the overall advantage of requests of facility improvements and equipment, to include equipment layout.
- Manage Maintenance Department, including: hiring and development of approximately 6 maintenance department personnel; administration of Company rules and procedures within the department; preparation of, and adherence to departmental budget; proper maintenance and repairs of Company’s buildings, premises, property, vehicles, and equipment; janitorial and custodial requirements; and heating, air conditioning, plumbing and electrical requirements.
- Monitors and schedules upkeep of Company buildings and grounds, including parking structure, windows and landscape needs. Ensures that company vehicles are maintained and licensed annually.
- Plans, budgets, and schedules facilities modifications including cost estimates, bid specifications, layouts and contracts for construction and procurement. Coordinate construction projects, remodels, and other special projects with contractors in providing contract services and moving projects.
- Monitor and control supplies and equipment; order supplies and tools as necessary; prepare documents for equipment procurement; prepare specifications and contracts for contract services.
- Participate in the preparation and administration of the facility maintenance and safety budgets; submit budget recommendations; monitor expenditures; prepare cost estimates; submit justifications for equipment.
- Source outside vendors and negotiate contracts for various facilities related services, including janitorial, landscaping, pest control, plumbing, electrical, air conditioning, air compressor, and forklift preventative maintenance.
- Manage the Company’s security systems, locks, keys, alarm, and sprinkler systems. Manage and respond to on-line monitoring systems such as security detection systems, security access, fire control systems and on premise contract security personnel if applicable.
- Ensures city, county and federal annual report requirements are met for various facilities related services, including Storm Water, Hazardous Chemicals etc.
- Identifies critical machines requiring preventive maintenance and determines the specific maintenance required and schedule. Maintains SharePoint site for data on machine down time and effectiveness of the program. Manages the Robustness team to ensure preventative maintenance program is being executed.
- Ensure proper permits are obtained and maintained.
- Represent company in dealing with regulatory agencies (Fire Department, AQMD, Water Quality Control, etc.)
- Maintains and reports fixed assets and capital equipment records.
- Responsible for health and safety training. Create standard training (forklift training and certification, lock-out, tag-out, safety audits, etc.) Conduct first aid training including testing committee skills through simulation.
- Responsible for communication to Corporate Safety Manager regarding divisional safety initiatives and records.
- Ensures that all accidents, audits, and near misses are recorded in the Safety SharePoint site.
- Ensure compliance with Federal and State Regulations with Corporate Safety Policy.
- Review all Visual Manufacturing procedures for consistency concerning safety and lock-out tag-out procedures.
- Control hazardous materials and waste program including up to date Safety Data Sheets for all chemicals on premises.
- Manages Emergency Response Team and Safety Committee ensuring that regular meetings occur with agenda and meeting minutes.
- Support the Quality Policy and corporate quality goals by taking action and/or directing direct reports to execute quality related activities. Seek to prevent quality defects through understanding the criteria and severity of those defects through the Four Level Defect Grading System.
- A Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university and a minimum of five years in facility and safety management is required
- Demonstrated successful leadership/management skills. Courses or seminars on applicable technical, supervisory and administrative subjects beneficial.
- The ideal candidate will be familiar with and able to administer or oversee changes to physical plant, electrical, hydraulic and plumbing systems, heating and air conditioning, maintenance of yards and lots, roofs, lighting and furnishings.
- Must be able to maintain, repair and administer upgrades to production equipment, racks and storage, lift trucks, pneumatic devices, dust collectors and compressed air systems.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Must be proficient in Word and Excel. Must be able to maintain a database.