Extraction | Hayward, CA 94545 | Full Time
BMS, Inc is a research and manufacturing company based in California. BMS is dedicated to unlocking natural health benefits of CBD-Hemp.
Our Why: Our Mission is to educate and heal the world by ensuring consumers are supplied with high-quality pharmaceutical-grade CBD-Hemp products.
Who We Are: Leaders in Innovation. We don’t predict the future, we invent the future. And we are always looking to be one step ahead.
What We Do: By applying cutting-edge science and technology, we are able to deliver the highest quality CBD-Hemp products to the market, always having in mind the latest discoveries by our Science Team.
Our Values: Be Kind. Do Good. Stay Together. Move Fast. Get It Done.
- Preparing equipment and plant materials for extraction
- Operating highly sophisticated extraction equipment
- Processing concentrates and extracts
- Cleaning and maintenance of extraction equipment and laboratory facility.
- Maintaining strict inventory records of all plant materials, chemicals and equipment used in the laboratory.
- Operating, maintaining, and making adjustments and repairs to laboratory equipment such as liquid chromatography systems, pumps, microscopes, balances, centrifuges, and other laboratory equipment
- Maintaining inventory records of supplies, materials, and equipment, and preparing requisitions as needed.
- Storing supplies and equipment, disposal of waste according to guidelines, and keeping laboratory, storerooms and working areas immaculate.
- Washing and sterilizing laboratory glassware.
- Performing clerical work related to laboratory activities such as word processing, record keeping, filing, and answering telephone inquiries.
- Maintaining material safety data sheets for all department chemicals and products.
- Other duties as assign.
The qualified individual will have experience as an Extraction Technician with a background in either Cannabis or Organic and Inorganic Chemistry for medical purposes. Previous experience with oil extraction techniques and familiarity with CO2 extraction processes.
- 1-5 years of experience with Supercritical Fluid Extraction in a Lab that adheres to strict health and safety policies and procedures, preferably a regulated field producing cannabis-infused, pharmaceutical or nutraceutical products.
- Experience with Extraction Purification and Analysis preferred, but not required.
- Effective time-management skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing and challenging environment.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree or its equivalent, from a recognized college or university, with a major in chemistry or a related field.
- Knowledge of medical marijuana law and medicinal benefits.
- Degree in Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry or related field a plus.