Development | Portland, OR | Full Time
Position Summary: BlueVolt is growing. We have excellent product-market fit with loyal customers. We have thousands of customer admin users and hundreds of thousands of learner users. We are known in the skilled trades for our simple, effective learning platform and strong service ethic. We help companies turn learning into a strategic asset. We build strong relationships, growing and learning from our customers as they grow and learn from us.
As a Software Engineer you will be responsible for web and backend development for our flagship e-learning and marketing platform, BlueVolt, as well as work on new products. You will work in a nimble product team on all aspects of software development, including clarifying requirements with customers, planning iterations, configuring servers, slinging SQL, building CSS/HTML, automating tests, and debugging issues. While you are happy to be immersed in writing code, you also enjoy dabbling in UI /UX alongside creative designers and instructional design experts.
Work with some of the most cutting-edge technologies running in the cloud. See your work being deployed into production every 2 weeks and actively used by our customers. Work with a fun and collaborative team that will lift you up and help you succeed. If these are things that you would be passionate about, then you are the person we would love to have on our team at BlueVolt.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop solutions on an Azure-hosted SaaS platform contributing to all parts of the platform development.
- Design and author highly functional software for our product lines.
- Develop client requirements, estimate, advise upon, and deliver the appropriate solution.
- Develop automated unit tests and continually improve your development skills.
- Collaborate on code reviews in an interactive development environment.
- Resolve bugs and provide 2nd tier technical support to customers.
- Work on an Agile Scrum team and deliver work product into Production via automated pipelines on a regular cadence. Step into Scrum Master role as needed.
- Occasionally be the primary person to deploy our latest solution into Production.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following.
- Achievement Focus - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles. Measures self against standard of excellence. Recognizes and acts on opportunities. Sets and achieves challenging goals. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Communications - Exhibits good listening and comprehension. Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form. Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally. Keeps others adequately informed. Selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Planning and Organization - Integrates changes smoothly. Plans for additional resources. Prioritizes and plans work activities. Sets goals and objectives. Uses time efficiently. Works in an organized manner.
- Problem Solving - Develops alternative solutions. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Identifies problems in a timely manner. Resolves problems in early stages. Works well in group problem solving situations.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience with SQL and SQL Server Database Programming
- Experience with the .NET platform
- Experience developing Angular and AngularJS
- Experience with CSS and HTML
- Experience ASP.NET
- Agile/SCRUM Software Development Process experience
- Light experience with Azure operational environment
- Preferred: Experience with AWS S3 Bucket Management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills