Senior Software Engineer (.NET)
Product Development | Portland, OR | Full Time
BlueVolt is growing. We have excellent product-market fit with loyal customers. We have thousands of customer admin users and hundreds of thousands of learner users. We are known in the skilled trades for our simple, effective learning platform and strong service ethic. We help companies turn learning into a strategic asset. We build strong relationships, growing and learning from our customers as they grow and learn from us.
We're looking for someone to take on the responsibility to help develop software that customers love while working in an Agile development environment. You'll help ensure high quality standards and will work with the team to develop effective processes for managing all aspects of software development. You will be a core contributor to the platform and will participate in other software and infrastructure projects as needed.
- Develop software on a fully cloud-hosted SaaS product.
- Design and author highly functional and aesthetically pleasing software for our product lines, including the BlueVolt LMS, web portals and other software projects.
- Develop client requirements, estimate, advise upon, and deliver the appropriate solution.
- Improve configuration management practices and development processes.
- Develop automated tests and follow Test-Driven Development practices.
- Provide technical support, training, and subject matter expertise to clients and BlueVolt employees.
- Help build development team guidelines and reinforcement their practice.
- Work with management and team on identifying obstacles and removing them
- 5+ years of experience with the .NET platform
- 2+ years of experience developing solutions deployed into either Azure or AWS
- Excellent object-oriented design & programming skills, including the application of design patterns and avoidance of anti-patterns
- Experience working in a collaborative team of application developers and source code repositories. AzureDevops and Git is preferred
- Solid programming experience with C#, WCF, Restful services using WEB API, ASP.NET MVC and .NET Core.
- Experience with Entity Framework, Dapper, SQL and SQL Server Database Programming
- Experience with TDD using nUnit and MS Test, Auto Tests (Selenium is preferred)
- Agile/SCRUM Software Development Process
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good team player
Bonus Points: Azure expertise a Plus
Note: No H1/H1B/F1 Visa transfer sponsorship available for this opportunity, no new sponsorship applications.
Location: Portland, OR