Sales & Marketing | Portland, OR | Full Time
Position Summary: The Sales Engineer is the primary technical resource for the Sales Team. The Sales Engineer is responsible for working in conjunction with the Sales Team as the key technical advisor and product advocate for our products. The Sales Engineer must be able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Serve as technical resource on customer calls
- Configure tools and dashboards for customer demos
- Maintain the standard demo universities
- Assist Sales Reps in post-demo configurations and integrations
- Support the Sales Team
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following.
- Continuous Learning - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses. Pursues training and development opportunities. Seeks feedback to improve performance. Shares expertise with others. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Customer Service - Displays courtesy and sensitivity. Manages difficult or emotional customer situations. Meets commitments. Responds promptly to customer needs. Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Planning & Organization - Integrates changes smoothly. Plans for additional resources. Prioritizes and plans work activities. Sets goals and objectives. Uses time efficiently. Works in an organized manner.
- Problem Solving - Develops alternative solutions. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Identifies problems in a timely manner. Resolves problems in early stages. Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities. Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Puts success of team above own interests.
- Use of Technology - Adapts to new technologies. Demonstrates required skills. Keeps technical skills up to date. Troubleshoots technological problems. Uses technology to increase productivity.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a knowledge of technology, especially with SAAS and Cloud based products. Comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base. Must possess strong project management and be able to communicate professionally in written responses to emails, RFPs, and when submitting reports. Organized and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related field is strongly preferred
- 3-5+ years relevant experience in software service or sales
- Experience and familiarity of our products and line of business a plus
- Able to respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Able to convey customer requirements to Product Management/Engineering teams
- Able to configure software