Product Support Specialist (Dev Focus)
Customer Success | Portland, OR | Full Time
BlueVolt is growing. We have excellent product-market fit with loyal customers. We have thousands of administrative users and hundreds of thousands of learner users. We are known in the skilled trades for our simple, effective learning platform and continuing education courses. We help companies turn learning into a strategic asset. We build strong relationships, growing and learning from our customers as they grow and learn from us.
The Product Support Specialist (Dev Focus) is often the first and most memorable experience a BlueVolt customer has with our company. You’ll use your enthusiastic and professional attitude, along with thorough product knowledge, to help our customers achieve their learning goals. You’ll answer phone, chat and email inquiries for learner users and administrative customers. You’ll ensure high quality standards and will work with the entire BlueVolt team to improve our customers’ experience. In addition to providing Tier 1 support, responsibilities will also include triaging escalated Tier 2 technical support cases that will require knowledge of SQL Server, ASP.Net (C#) and debugging.
- Provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 help desk support for problems and service requests related, but not limited to: software, connectivity, application support and general system trouble shooting.
- Coach and train administrative customers on the platform and troubleshoot suspected issues.
- Handle incoming requests from administrative customers as well as end-users in a professional, prompt and thorough manner.
- Maintain a balance between company policy and customer benefit in decision making. Handles issues in the best interest of both customer and company.
- Evaluate and identify opportunities to drive process improvements on a continuous basis to positively impact the customer experience.
- Acquire and maintain current knowledge of relevant product/service offerings, system capabilities and support policies to provide technically accurate solutions to customers.
- Work with various internal teams to successfully identify and eliminate customer issues and pain points.
- Escalate issues, as appropriate, to Tier 3 support for optimum problem resolution.
- Build ad-hoc custom reports, requiring knowledge of SQL.
- Act as a liaison between Engineering and Product Support teams to triage technical Tier 2 tickets.
- Develop a high level of understanding of the BlueVolt system and code base in order to properly diagnose potential bugs.
- College degree or equivalent professional experience in call center/ help desk environment
- Clear, professional communication, both verbally and in writing
- Strong working knowledge of PC-based internet and software applications
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of technical support issues related to Internet connectivity on multiple platforms (Windows, Macintosh, mobile) and browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience with SQL Server 2014+, ASP.NET 4.0+, ASP.NET MVC 4.0+
- Comfortable working in an Agile/XP environment
- Highly developed sense of integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction
- Pleasant, patient and friendly attitude
- Sound decision making and analytical abilities
- Strong work ethic and team player mentality
- Balanced attention to both speed and accuracy of work
- Ability to handle multiple issues at once, while identifying those that need priority
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Penchant for learning new technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- After the initial training period, the position will be working a swing shift. Hours will be from late afternoon to midnight or midnight to early morning Monday-Friday.