Product Support Specialist
Customer Support | Portland, OR | Full Time
Position Summary: The Product Support Specialist is often the first and most memorable experience a BlueVolt customer has with our company. You’ll use your enthusiastic and professional attitude, along with thorough product knowledge, to help our customers achieve their learning goals. You’ll answer phone and email inquiries for learner users and assist with support of our administrative customers. You’ll ensure high quality standards and will work with the entire BlueVolt team to improve our customers’ experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide basic and Tier 2 help desk support for problems and service requests related to hardware, software, connectivity and application support.
- Handle incoming requests from clients’ end-users in a professional, prompt and thorough manner.
- Gather customer information efficiently to fulfill customer needs, educate the customer where applicable to prevent the need for future contacts and document interactions through online ticketing system.
- Provide quality service and support in a variety of areas including, but not limited to: system troubleshooting, product selection, and billing.
- Troubleshoot customer issues through email and over the phone.
- Maintain a balance between company policy and customer benefit in decision making. Handles issues in the best interest of both customer and company.
- Evaluate and identify opportunities to drive process improvements on a continuous basis to positively impact the customer experience.
- Acquire and maintain current knowledge of relevant product/service offerings and support policies to provide technically accurate solutions to customers.
- Facilitate closure to problem ticket/ service requests while meeting or exceeding defined service level expectations.
- Escalate issues, as appropriate, to Tier 3 support for optimum problem resolution.
College degree or equivalent professional experience in call center or help desk environment.