Product Support Specialist
Customer Success | Portland, OR | Full Time
BlueVolt is growing. We have excellent product-market fit with loyal customers. We have thousands of administrative users and hundreds of thousands of learner users. We are known in the skilled trades for our simple, effective learning platform and continuing education courses. We help companies turn learning into a strategic asset. We build strong relationships, growing and learning from our customers as they grow and learn from us.
The Product Support Specialist is often the first and most memorable experience a BlueVolt customer has with our company. You’ll use your enthusiastic and professional attitude, along with thorough product knowledge, to help our customers achieve their learning goals. You’ll answer phone, chat and email inquiries for learner users and administrative customers. You’ll ensure high quality standards and will work with the entire BlueVolt team to improve our customers’ experience
- Provide basic and Tier 2 help desk support for problems and service requests related to hardware, software, connectivity and application support.
- Coach and train administrative customers on the platform and troubleshoot suspected issues.
- Handle incoming requests from administrative customers, as well as their, end-users in a professional, prompt and thorough manner.
- Gather customer information efficiently to fulfill customer needs, educate the customer where applicable to prevent the need for future contacts and document interactions through online ticketing system.
- Evaluate and identify opportunities to drive process improvements on a continuous basis to positively impact the customer experience.
- Acquire and maintain current knowledge of relevant product/service offerings, system capabilities and support policies to provide technically accurate solutions to customers.
- Facilitate closure to problem ticket/ service requests while meeting or exceeding defined service level expectations.
- Work with various internal teams to successfully identify and eliminate customer issues and pain points.
- Escalate issues, as appropriate, to Tier 3 support for optimum problem resolution.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree or equivalent professional experience in call center or help desk environment
- Clear, professional communication, both verbally and in writing
- Strong working knowledge of PC-based internet and software applications
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of technical support issues related to Internet connectivity on multiple platforms (Windows, Macintosh, mobile) and browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, etc.) strongly desired
- Proven experience creating robust experience and detailed process documentation
- Experience with SQL and/or web development technologies (SQL Server 2014+, ASP.NET 4.0+, ASP.NET MVC 4.0+)
- Highly developed sense of integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction
- Pleasant, patient and friendly attitude
- Sound decision making and analytical abilities
- Strong work ethic and team player mentality
- Balanced attention to both speed and accuracy of work
- Ability to handle multiple issues at once, while identifying those that need priority
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Penchant for learning new technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Remote candidates will be considered