Product Development | Portland, OR | Full Time
Since 2003, BlueVolt has been a pioneer in the online eLearning industry. BlueVolt consistently ranks as the top learning and marketing platform, combined with world-class customer service. The secret to BlueVolt success is its sharing network—sharing more than half a million pieces of product training from a variety of industries and manufacturers. BlueVolt helps a wide range of organizations increase sales, build brand leadership, and enhance employee knowledge.
BlueVolt is growing and we need a strong Product Owner to join the Product Team.
The Product Owner will join our Product Team to help drive the definition and implementation of our SaaS products. You’ll work as a partner with BlueVolt’s customer–facing teams (Content, Sales, Support, Customer Success, and Marketing) to determine the desired experience for each type of user. You’ll work alongside the Engineering Team to build and deliver these experiences.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Drive the development of the platform by functioning as a Product Leader when describing and advocating for features.
- Requirement documentation: Translate features and functions into documented items for the Engineering Team.
- Create acceptance criteria to express requirements. Ensure test and validation plans are complete.
- Process, review, and interpret large bodies of qualitative and quantitative data to uncover new product insights.
- Be the “voice of the customer” when developing and designing features.
- Lead grooming exercises.
- Accountable for sprint readiness and delivery.
- Write feature specs, develop and present UI/UX wireframes and workflows to stakeholders.
- Create and own interlinked product documentation for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Communicate product roadmap, learnings, advocate for new features, and write documentation for technical and non-technical audiences through the use of compelling data storytelling.
- Communicating to stakeholders about release updates.
- Take an active role in seeking and supporting customer feedback as a regular part of product development activities.
- Oversee and execute User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Participate in the process of the BlueVolt Engineering Team.
- Clearly expressing Product Backlog items and Ordering the items in the Product Backlog to best achieve goals and missions of the executive
- Good work hygiene and practices.
- Help maintain a healthy balance between Engineering, Sales, and Product.
- Participate in and help promote a culture of ideas and innovation.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- 2+ years of product management or closely related experience from a project and product ideation through launch.
- Proven track record of product leadership-focused software development.
- Strong understanding of Scrum methodology and Agile SDLC.
- Ability to build consensus, work in a dynamic, team-oriented environment, self-motivate, and prioritize work.
- Elite written and oral communication skills, including presentation experience to large and diverse audiences.
- Deep understanding of the product lifecycle (user needs, market opportunity, product vision, technical capability, product specs, schedule prioritization, successful product delivery).
- Demonstrated ability to meet and beat agreed-upon targets and deadlines.
- Prior experience in developing enterprise-class software.
- Demonstrated success in product releases and life cycle.
- Knowledge of data management products and enterprise system topology.
- Sincere willingness to learn and grow.
- Experience in a cloud/SaaS based internet business.
The Product Owner works with the Agile teams and stakeholders, aligning the vision for all-in-one shared product backlog. The Product Owner is responsible for maximizing the value of the product resulting from work of the Engineering Team, and advocates for this value by owning and ordering the product backlog.