Product Manager - Curriculum
Curriculum | Portland, OR | Full Time
BlueVolt is growing. We have excellent product-market fit with loyal customers. We have thousands of customer admin users and hundreds of thousands of learner users. We are known in the skilled trades for our simple, effective learning platform and strong service ethic. We help companies turn learning into a strategic asset. We build strong relationships, growing and learning from our customers as they grow and learn from us.
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager to lead our curriculum (‘CEU’) product and offering. You will coordinate and execute all aspects of the product from development to marketing and delivery of service. This position requires a high degree of collaboration AND the ability to execute independently.
The area of responsibility for this role is wide and requires a customer-oriented business generalist capable of running a ‘business within a business’. The ideal candidate must be a quick study and able to work independently against agreed objectives. The position requires an individual willing to look for opportunities to grow the business unit and take responsibility. We are looking for a Product Manager that loves continuous learning, is results-oriented, cares about the people they work with, and takes great satisfaction knowing they directly contribute to the company’s success.
The primary responsibility for the Product Manager is to attract, serve and retain happy, satisfied continuing education (curriculum) customers. The right candidate will perform a variety of tasks to support the business unit, including but not limited to, administrative tasks, customer support, identifying potential products and opportunities, sales analysis, developing and executing marketing plans, forecasting and budget management, and state regulatory adherence. This position offers the right candidate an opportunity to develop and advance multiple skill sets while serving customers within a B2C business unit.
- Setup and Maintain new continuing education (CEU) products
- Coordinate with BlueVolt support team to understand and improve customer experience
- Work directly with customers to learn and help them meet their goals and guarantee a great experience with BlueVolt and the curriculum products
- Plan and execute marketing activities such as prospect list management, direct mail campaigns, email campaigns, and pay-per-click campaigns
- Prepare materials for state approval applications
- Prepare and deliver weekly reports to executive team
- Collect and analyze customer/sales data to improve revenue growth and profit
- Cross department coordination with other BlueVolt products and customer offerings.
- Monitor user experience on website and suggest improvements
- Increase revenue by meeting customer needs and improving customer retention rates
The ideal candidate will be a friendly team worker, willing to jump in and take responsibility for related projects. Specific qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive and humble: seek first to understand and assume best intent
- Willing to learn, coachable, commitment to professional development and growth.
- Problem solving skills to approach and address issues or opportunities
- Planning and organizational skills to complete work efficiently and on time by setting priorities
- Balanced attention to both speed and accuracy of work
- Intermediate skills with office applications (Microsoft Excel, Office)
- Aptitude or interest in sales data analysis and B2C marketing
- Comfort with working autonomously
- Highly developed sense of integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction
- Pleasant, patient and friendly attitude
- Sound decision making and analytical abilities
- Effective communication/listening skills
- Strong work ethic and team player mentality
- Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with all levels of management
- Project and time management skills
Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. Viewing of computer screen and hand manipulation (hand/eye coordination) is necessary in order to operate a computer keyboard and handle data processing. Must be able to drive, as some automobile travel is necessary in this position. Must be able to stoop, bend and reach overhead in order to file, store, lift and carry materials.
Location: Portland, OR