Principal Software Engineer
Development | Portland, OR | Full Time
BlueVolt is an innovative education technology company focused on delivering solutions that our customers love. Interest in our products and services is skyrocketing; usage is up 88% year over year. Our flagship product is a platform for online learning for the manufacturing, construction and service industries.
The BlueVolt solution improves people’s performance to drive business growth. Our learning platform and solutions allow our customers to share in an industry-specific ecosystem of extended learning. Manufacturers can ensure learning around their products reaches their entire channel. Distributors can develop a productive, profitable and happy workforce. BlueVolt believes that knowledge powers growth and our customers know this to be true.
Help develop software that customers love while working in an Agile development environment. You'll help ensure high quality standards and will work with the team to develop effective processes for managing all aspects of software development. You will be a core contributor to the platform and will participate in other software and infrastructure projects as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop software on a fully cloud-hosted SaaS product.
- Design and author highly functional and aesthetically pleasing software for our product lines, including the BlueVolt LMS, web portals and other software projects.
- Develop client requirements, estimate, advise upon, and deliver the appropriate solution.
- Improve configuration management practices and development processes.
- Develop automated tests.
- Provide technical support, training, and subject matter expertise to clients and BlueVolt employees.
- Help build development team guidelines and reinforcement their practice.
- Work with management and team on identifying obstacles and removing them.
- Serve in a technical leadership role continually discovering and training the team in the best development and software design processes.
- Communicate and evolve the Solution Architecture for the software products under development.
- Elevate the technical capabilities of the more junior engineers.
- 7+ years of experience with the .NET platform
- 2+ years of experience in a technical leadership or architecture role
- 2+ years of experience developing solutions deployed into either Azure or AWS
- Excellent object-oriented design & programming skills, including the application of design patterns and avoidance of anti-patterns
- Experience working in a collaborative team of application developers and source code repositories. AzureDevops and Git is preferred