Sales & Marketing | Portland, OR | Full Time
BlueVolt is an innovative education technology company focused on delivering solutions that our customers love. Interest in our products and services is skyrocketing; usage is up 88% year over year. Our flagship product is a platform for online learning for the manufacturing, construction and service industries.
The BlueVolt solution improves people’s performance to drive business growth. Our learning platform and solutions allow our customers to share in an industry-specific ecosystem of extended learning. Manufacturers can ensure learning around their products reaches their entire channel. Distributors can develop a productive, profitable and happy workforce. BlueVolt believes that knowledge powers growth and our customers know this to be true.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Coordinates the creation and production of sales, marketing, and packaging materials.
- Coordinates advertising schedules and placement.
- Reviews specification sheets, obtains and prepares bids, and acts as liaison with vendors in such areas as delivering marketing material, scheduling proofs, and meetings.
- Maintains customer database and generates internal database information, such as lists and counts for direct marketing projects.
- Compiles and produces sales and marketing reports.
- Tracks, collates, and maintains inventory of marketing materials.
- Maintains inventory of photo work, artwork, and film, and maintains marketing literature, archive files, and sample files.
- Coordinates trade show exhibits, promotions, packaging, shipping, and staff travel plans, and travels to and participates in trade shows when necessary.
- Helps prepare for involvement in community organizations and events.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following.
- Communications - Exhibits good listening and comprehension. Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form. Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally. Keeps others adequately informed. Selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Customer Service - Displays courtesy and sensitivity. Manages difficult or emotional customer situations. Meets commitments. Responds promptly to customer needs. Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Dependability - Commits to doing the best job possible. Follows instruction. Keeps commitments. Meets attendance and punctuality guidelines. Responds to requests for service and assistance. Takes responsibility for own actions.
- Planning & Organization - Integrates changes smoothly. Plans for additional resources. Prioritizes and plans work activities. Sets goals and objectives. Uses time efficiently. Works in an organized manner.
- Quality - Fosters quality focus in others. Improves processes. Measures key outcomes. Sets clear quality requirements. Solicits and applies customer feedback.
- Use of Technology - Adapts to new technologies. Demonstrates required skills. Keeps technical skills up to date. Troubleshoots technological problems. Uses technology to increase productivity.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.