Junior Automation Engineer (DevOps & Test Automation)
IT | Portland, OR | Full Time
The Junior Automation Engineer will play a key role in the software development life cycle by driving improvements to both the build and deployment automation spaces as well as the test automation spaces. This person will primarily work with the Development team to automate development, operational and testing processes that are currently either being done manually or they will be maturing automation methods to current best practices. The person also liaises with other internal stakeholders, as necessary, to gather feedback and implement projects.
Our products are fully Azure-hosted SaaS products comprised of both Angular and .NET components. Come join our team if you are a quick learner willing to help us drive forward our automation strategy.
- Select, configure and maintain build automation platforms for build and deployment automation
- Create and maintain build automation scripts
- Select, configure and maintain deployment automation platforms for build and deployment automation
- Create and maintain deployment automation scripts
- Select, configure and maintain test automation platforms for build and deployment automation
- Create and maintain functional test automation scripts
- Create and maintain user interface automation scripts (Synthetic User Testing)
- Create and maintain performance test automation scripts
- Select, configure and maintain test data management platforms
- Create and maintain data management scripts
- Preferred background in Computer or Information Science
- Experience in one or more scripting languages
- Quick learner of technologies
- Understanding of Agile development principles
- Preferred SQL query writing experience
- Preferred experience in one or more development languages
- Experience working independently and as part of a team
BlueVolt is a 15-year-old learning solutions business. BlueVolt’s customers use our education platform to inspire their employees and empower their channel partners. We build strong relationships, growing and learning from our customers as they grow and learn from us.