Content Development | Portland, OR
BlueVolt, the leading provider of online Learning Management Systems (LMS) for the manufacturing, construction and service industries has an opening for a full-time Instructional Designer.
Qualified candidates must possess:
- A degree or work equivalent experience in instructional design for online training and a technical writing or copywriting background
- Skill in developing storyboards for multiple projects on competing timelines
- Working knowledge of course development tools (Articulate, Storyline, Captivate, Lectora, etc.)
- Ability to work with customers to transform complex product information into effective training
- A curiosity for new technologies and a desire to develop new skills
In addition to a portfolio of engaging online courses, successful candidates for this opportunity must also have an in-depth understanding of the online learning environment and familiarity with LMS systems, a creative and collaborative working style, and strong client relationship building skills. This position requires a proactive thinker with the ability to work both independently on projects and to collaborate effectively with diverse team members.
- Design and develop eLearning courses and training materials for a diverse customer mix
- Consult with customer Subject Matter Experts in different industries to establish clear learning objectives for their training materials
- Reference information and documentation provided by clients (PowerPoint presentations, PDF documents, websites, video presentations, etc.) to create storyboards for online courses
- Collaborate with the content design team to build engaging training that will facilitate adult learning and retention
- Participate as an in-person instructor at BlueVolt eLearning conferences
- Write copy for BlueVolt marketing materials – web pages, email campaigns, white papers, etc.
Portland OR based, BlueVolt has won a Gold Excellence in Technology award from Brandon Hall, a Learning Leader award from Bersin & Associates for Vendor Innovation in Learning and Talent Management and also was named to the TrainingIndustry.com Learning Portal Companies Watch List for its innovative approach to learning. For more information, visit www.BlueVolt.com.