Instructional Designer - Contract
Creative Development | Portland, OR | Contract
BlueVolt is growing. We have excellent product-market fit with loyal customers. We have thousands of customer users and hundreds of thousands of learner users. We are known in the skilled trades for our simple, effective learning platform, engaging training, and strong service ethic. We help companies turn learning into a strategic asset.
We are looking for an Instructional Designer who loves to build engaging, online courses for adult learners in the business environment. As part of a team, your primary role will be to write effective instructional course content for BlueVolt and our customers.
Work with the Creative team to:
- Design and develop elearning courses and training materials for our diverse customer mix
- Consult with customer Subject Matter Experts in different industries to establish clear learning objectives for their training materials
- Reference information and documentation provided by clients to create storyboards for courses
- Collaborate with the graphic design team to build engaging training that facilitates adult learning and retention
- Work as internal SME to identify and write training for internal teams
- Work in support of our Learning Strategist on larger strategic initiatives
- Support with pre-production activities as needed for development
Our environment requires an imaginative, proactive thinker with the ability to work on simultaneous projects and the ability to collaborate effectively with team members.
- Degree in Instructional Design or 3 – 5 years proven work experience in online course development for adult learners in a business environment
- Strong writing skills with excellent command of written and spoken English (samples required)
- Ability to work directly with customers and convey complex information to a lay audience in a clear and concise manner
- Knowledge of the advantages and disadvantages of various training mediums and the ability to advocate for the appropriate training solution. Training mediums include online courses, in-person/instructor led, and video or other media training
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks while working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Basic understanding of Learning Management Systems
- A desire for continuous improvement
BlueVolt is a 15-year-old learning solutions company serving multiple industries. Our customers use our SaaS platform to inspire their employees and empower their channel partners. BlueVolt is an indispensable tool to drive their business forward. We build strong relationships, growing and learning from our customers as they grow and learn from us.