Front End Developer
Development | Portland, OR | Full Time
BlueVolt is an innovative education technology company focused on delivering solutions that our customers love. Interest in our products and services is skyrocketing; usage is up 88% year over year. Our flagship product is a platform for online learning for the manufacturing, construction and service industries.
The BlueVolt solution improves people’s performance to drive business growth. Our learning platform and solutions allow our customers to share in an industry-specific ecosystem of extended learning. Manufacturers can ensure learning around their products reaches their entire channel. Distributors can develop a productive, profitable and happy workforce. BlueVolt believes that knowledge powers growth and our customers know this to be true.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Build and maintain a feature-rich front-end e-learning web application with capabilities such as e-commerce, localization and streaming media
- Prototype UI concepts
- Integrate your work into an existing .NET platform
- Work iteratively in an Agile environment with daily stand-ups
- Build a responsive, accessible UI using testable coding practices
- Research, recommend and explore emerging web technologies & trends
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following.
- Continuous Learning - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses. Pursues training and development opportunities. Seeks feedback to improve performance. Shares expertise with others. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Customer Service - Displays courtesy and sensitivity. Manages difficult or emotional customer situations. Meets commitments. Responds promptly to customer needs. Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Planning & Organization - Integrates changes smoothly. Plans for additional resources. Prioritizes and plans work activities. Sets goals and objectives. Uses time efficiently. Works in an organized manner.
- Problem Solving - Develops alternative solutions. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Identifies problems in a timely manner. Resolves problems in early stages. Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities. Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Puts success of team above own interests.
- Use of Technology - Adapts to new technologies. Demonstrates required skills. Keeps technical skills up to date. Troubleshoots technological problems. Uses technology to increase productivity.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Up to date on cross-browser compatibility and responsive frameworks
- Strong knowledge of JS frameworks, ideally Angular and AngularJS
- Experience with CSS libraries and preprocessors (LESS/SASS)
- Basic understanding of UX best practices
- Ability to write clean, scalable and testable code
- Willingness to adhere to strict accessibility standards
- Fluent in version control (Git)
- Bonus: working knowledge of e-commerce, localization, streaming media, data visualization (dashboards), and ASP.NET/C#