Product Development | Portland, OR | Full Time
BlueVolt is a 16-year-old learning solutions business. BlueVolt’s customers use our education platform to inspire their employees and empower their channel partners. We build strong relationships, growing and learning from our customers as they grow and learn from us.
Work with some of the most cutting-edge technologies running in the cloud. See your work being deployed into production every 2 weeks and actively used by our customers. Work with a fun and collaborative team that will lift you up and help you succeed. If these are things that you would be passionate about, then you are the person we would love to have on our team at BlueVolt.
This role is a hands-on architect. If you not only want to dream up solutions but actually contribute to implementing those, then this role is for you.
- Develop and maintain an Enterprise Architecture Technology Roadmap including diagrams visualizing the present and future
- Research and propose technology alternatives that align with the Product Roadmap initiatives
- Determine proposals along with cost implications on how to solve technology problems facing the organization
- Working in tandem with our engineering team to identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based solutions for the company.
- Planning, designing and developing cloud-based applications.
- Designing and managing cloud environments in accordance with company security guidelines.
- Deploying and debugging cloud initiatives as needed in accordance with best practices throughout the development lifecycle.
- Educating teams on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives, providing associated training as required.
- Lead and develop best practices in Cloud Engineering.
- Building and designing web services in the cloud, along with implementing the set-up of geographically redundant services.
- Orchestrating and automating cloud-based platforms throughout the company.
- Work on an Agile Scrum team and deliver work product into Production via automated pipelines on a regular cadence.
- Occasionally be the primary person to deploy our latest solution into Production.
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Certification as an AWS Solutions Architect, Microsoft Azure Architect, Cloud Security Certification, and/or OpenStack Administrator Certification a plus. (Other cloud-related certification also a plus.)
- Five years’ experience in developing software using languages such as Java, Python, C#.
- Experience with SOA applications and cloud-based services, preferably Azure.
- Three to five years’ experience either as a Cloud Engineer or Enterprise Architect.
- Knowledge of web services, API, REST.
- Experience configuring and maintaining CDN platforms (i.e. Akamai, CloudFront)
- Database experience, including knowledge of SQL and NoSQL, and related data stores such as SQL Server and Redis.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, and the ability to stay focused on completing tasks and meeting goals within a busy workspace.
- Skilled at working in tandem with a team of engineers, or alone as required
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM Software Development Process
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, S3
- Experience with Azure cloud services: Azure Function Apps, eSQL Databases
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience building processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
Location: Portland, OR
No Visa sponsorships available.